Updated to Win10 from Win7 - Explorer.exe Continually Crashing, How Can I Fix It?

PatOBrien71

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
Updated to Win10 from Win7 - Explorer.exe Continually Crashing

Hi,
I recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 on a Dell Inspiron N5050 but since upgrading explorer.exe continually crashes and error and an message is displayed on screen. The 2 addresses are different each time.
I took some footage as it's probably easier to see than describe. (h t t p s://youtu.be/trZliiommEQ)
Any and all help gratefully appreciated.

Regards,
Pat.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Updated to Win10 from Win7 - Explorer.exe Continually Crashing

Hi,
I recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 on a Dell Inspiron N5050 but since upgrading explorer.exe continually crashes and error and an message is displayed on screen. The 2 addresses are different each time.
I took some footage as it's probably easier to see than describe. (h t t p s://youtu.be/trZliiommEQ)
Any and all help gratefully appreciated.

Regards,
Pat.

It's an upgrade, my solution? clean install. upgrades are more trouble than good, it's gamble, and it's hard to get them right. you could run sfc /scannow and dism or something. but resetting/clean install, would be faster and easier than troubleshoot anything. you can choose to keep files anyway, so only reinstall programs would be it. but I have clean installed my computer twice, and with all my software it only took me few hours.

Maybe if you install the Windows 8 drivers they would work better than the upgraded ones from Win7? of course they are not official windows 10 drivers but maybe they would work better. or just reinstall them might help.
But sometimes clean installing is faster and better, because like I said, upgrades are crap, on Windows you can change so many things on registry and system files that anything small can break anything on an upgrade.
But this is my opinion and my experience, you can still troubleshoot and try to install win8 drivers and see how it goes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss