Is this hidden task harmful to my PC?

NghiemHuynh

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
I've just clean installed Windows 10 with some app. The TaskSchedule shows many hidden tasks. Please tell me is this service harmful to my desktop: BackgroundUploadTask

Capture1.PNG

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I have it too so I guess it's safe and like the task scheduler says, it's for "settingsync" so I guess you shouldn't worry, it's on my task scheduler too.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think you're worrying too much about that. It's part of the OS it seems. Whether its good, bad, whatever, I don't know but it seems its supposed to be there.
Especially since its a clean install.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Wow, I found more suspicious logging in Events. My PC is not a LENOVO. What's your opinion, thanks.

View attachment 113162

Well that's awkward, "Microsoft Office Alerts" and "Lenovo-Customer Feedback", it's something I don't have, but I do have McNeel, because I installed Rhino3d on my computer.
so I must guess, they added that because maybe you installed something and it had something with lenovo feedback?
like you say, it's strange since your computer is not lenovo.

I found some blog with someone on Windows 7 complaining about it. it say there might be a task scheduler entry named "Lenovo Customer Feedback Program 64"
also someone found two dll
Lenovo.TVT.CustomerFeedback.InnovApps.dll
Lenovo.TVT.CustomerFeedback.OmnitureSiteCatalyst.dll.

also
Lenovo.TVT.CustomerFeedback.Agent.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Customer Feedback Program

an article from 5 days ago, so yeah, just like you, people are finding this strange thing.

so I guess you could delete the entries, the files and hope it doesn't come back as possessed, if not, call a father, throw holy water on your computer and maybe burn it in the end so the evil will go out of the computer.

anyway this is the article of the guy who found stuff about it. so many stuff about that lenovo TVT thing.

Lenovo collects usage data on ThinkPad, ThinkCentre and ThinkStation PCs | Computerworld

people say how it's clickbait article, because it's not a bad thing from lenovo wanting feedback from their preinstalled software and such, like says here:
https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht102023

but if you say it's not a Lenovo PC, well, that's the weird thing. how you got that lenovo stuff is the question now. regardless if it's good or not, you shouldn't have to have it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs