What is disappointing you in Windows 10 Mobile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxithon

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
So well, what is disappointing you in Windows 10 Mobile so far, or well, lets say; what do you miss for the "WOW!"-Effect?

For me, i miss the Windows 10 Desktop Setting "Default Apps", no, not that "kinda-default-apps" like we've seen for Skype Messaging Preview, i mean the "real" option for default apps, like setting the default Webbrowser, Music player, etc.
Also, just like i wrote on the same thread for Windows 10, the design could need some polish here and there.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes that option would be really nice. Although there are no alternatives for Browsers that are on pair with Edge as Devs can't choose what engine to use or we're yet so see all the existing browsers to be updated for Windows 10.

Anyway.. The WOW effect. For me it would be a complete makeover of Animations, etc. So far only LiveTiles changed, but I'd like to see new animations in Action Center, LiveTile groups, Lock Screen and everywhere else needed. So the system would feel fresh.

CUSTOM KEYBOARDS !

LiveLockScreen

A new Window on the left side of the Start screen.

Specific design language that would be used for any app and the system. More polish, polish, polish.

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
The lack of:
  • alternative browsers with adblocking capability
  • glance screen settings and glance background app
  • OpenVPN support
  • USB OTG support
  • available apps
  • quality & functionality of those apps that available already
  • a consistent, system-wide user interface ("hamburger menu")
  • multitasking
  • ability to integrate in a Windows AD Domain
  • fast and steady supply without the need to enroll in any preview or beta program
  • official release date

Just to mention a few...

Steve Thackery

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
The abandonment of the WP8.1 design language and the deliberate choice to make the UI elements compatible with Android and iOS (to make apps easier to port). Thus we end up with an Android-alike with live tiles. Big deal. Might as well buy an Android phone.

I loved the look and feel of WP8.1, the innovative design language, graphics, animations. All gone, now. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire