Service Packs anytime soon?

hrudu

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Maybe or hopefully this year?
Right now it looks like users are dealing with an early Beta Version!

Well, but it's phreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I will stick with Windows 8.1 for now; I know it's worse than Vista.
But I have no way to install 7 on my computers.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Maybe or hopefully this year?
Right now it looks like users are dealing with an early Beta Version!

Well, but it's phreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I will stick with Windows 8.1 for now; I know it's worse than Vista.
But I have no way to install 7 on my computers.

Its way too early for a Service Pack in the traditional sense. Of course, there are updates inbound but not in the traditional Service Pack sense.

But 8.1 is perfectly fine. and No. it is not worse than Vista. It was solid under-the-hood from the beginning, it was just the user interface on top that rustled feathers. Vista had some performance issues and the new driver model caused some issues when devices weren't up to snuff.

And that's good, 7 offers you almost nothing over 8.1 while not performing as well. Just install that Start8 or Classic Shell if you hate the evil start screen that much.

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
There are no service packs per say. MS service packs is where MS used SP's to install prior updates if you missd. No MS is sending out updates when they are finished testing. MS will be releasing a big update with new features on Oct/Nov time frame.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Otherwise known as, a service pack. MS have changed the language, but the reality is that many people are hanging on to see W10 in its mature form (when it gets to the point that it surpasses previous Windows iterations, so some way off yet). Call that SP1, call it Windows 10.1, call it Windows 10 with iterative updates, call it Windows 11, whatever, folk will still want to find a way to determine when this point is reached. Even if MS are not going to define it explicitly, you can be sure the moment of maturity will occur. It might have a different name though.

xxXTechcr3xx

Feb 6, 2019
Visit site
Otherwise known as, a service pack. MS have changed the language, but the reality is that many people are hanging on to see W10 in its mature form (when it gets to the point that it surpasses previous Windows iterations, so some way off yet). Call that SP1, call it Windows 10.1, call it Windows 10 with iterative updates, call it Windows 11, whatever, folk will still want to find a way to determine when this point is reached. Even if MS are not going to define it explicitly, you can be sure the moment of maturity will occur. It might have a different name though.

But now everything is changed. Microsoft has switched from releasing traditional versions (Windows Vista, 7, 8, etc) to a new periodical release system (aka Windows as a service) and releasing bi-annual Windows 10 feature updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo