Enterprise Windows 10 Store and select Universal Apps won't open

anomat

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
As stated, I am having a issue in Enterprise trying to get the Windows Store and other Universal Apps to open. It will show the app "splash screen" for a few seconds and then go away. Since event log is not really Universal App friendly, I'm not really sure where to proceed. I'm hoping one of you guys have come across a fix for this. Here are some things I have tried already.

1) Clear store local cache under %appdata% - Doesn't work because store never launched, therefore no cache exists.
2) WSRESET loops to store attempting to open and same result.
3) Powershell command goes through its process but does not fix effected Universal Applications behavior: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.Ins
tallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
4) Creating a new local account is not an option.
5) Windows App troubleshooter had no reported issues.
6) Nothing out of the ordinary with Wireshark & Fiddler captures.
7) Stopping Symantec Endpoint Protection with SMC -Stop command does not fix the issue

waraukaeru

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I am experiencing the same behavior on my Surface Pro 3 when I am not connected to the internet. Do your store apps crash when you have an internet connection? It seems like this problem with Windows 10 is wide-spread and without a fix or work around. Some people have had temporary success by completely refreshing their devices. I'm not going to do that if I can avoid it, Microsoft needs to fix this.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you're using the Enterprise edition of Windows, you're probably better off to ask your corporation's IT department as their policy may be causing this issue. If not, it could point to a problem with their implementation of the operating system. Either way report this and get it resolved through the official channels (your company will have a support agreement with Microsoft as part of the volume licensing).

anomat

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I am experiencing the same behavior on my Surface Pro 3 when I am not connected to the internet. Do your store apps crash when you have an internet connection? It seems like this problem with Windows 10 is wide-spread and without a fix or work around. Some people have had temporary success by completely refreshing their devices. I'm not going to do that if I can avoid it, Microsoft needs to fix this.
The machine has an automatic configuration script which pulls up our pac file for proxy configuration. In Windows 10 we have the ability to set it system wide via the Settings app, which it is. So the machine does have internet access. Edge works fine as does internet call out from the Settings app.

If you're using the Enterprise edition of Windows, you're probably better off to ask your corporation's IT department as their policy may be causing this issue. If not, it could point to a problem with their implementation of the operating system. Either way report this and get it resolved through the official channels (your company will have a support agreement with Microsoft as part of the volume licensing).

Pete, I should have been more clear in my OP. I am actually part of the "IT Department" in the company. Part of my responsibilities is to help build a PoC Windows 10 image to deploy in an alpha stage to our developers and app teams for testing. I have abilities to modify GPO's for the build if needed as well as have resources to our security (client side and firewall) teams. We have 2 requests in with Microsoft, this and Cortana being disabled despite allowing it through all documented policies.

It is currently under investigation, however I was hoping someone may have found a workaround. This issue in particular is all over the internet with a simple Google search with a handful of different "fixes". Many of the ones I listed I picked up from scouring the web. I just figured I'd shoot it to the wind and see if someone here had an idea to throw out there. Never hurts to try. Sometimes things like this are a low hanging fruit that get overlooked when you try to dig too deep into the issue, sometimes its just a bug... erm "feature". :)

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Understood. That fruit might be a little high for this community though since this is a consumer facing non-Microsoft forum. You're better off asking in TechNet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05