How much time does Microsoft take to publish all Android apps on the Windows 10 mobile store ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akbar Pasha

May 15, 2014
Visit site
How much time Microsoft take to publish android all apps on windows 10 mobile store ?

when we suppose to see android apps and games on w10m store?
and is all android apps and games immediately going to available after w10m official release ? or we have to wait till 2016 i.e. next year ? :eck:

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: How much time Microsoft take to publish android all apps on windows 10 mobile store ?

No they won't immediately be available! The tools will be released and it's up to the devs to process the apps themselves - it's their apps and their course if they want to support wp. So, say, if snap chat don't want to be on the platform; it won't happen. Or we'll be back to hoping some third party makes an app.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: How much time Microsoft take to publish android all apps on windows 10 mobile store ?

...and why in the world do we want ALL android apps??

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site

Microsoft has no intention to offer Android stuff through its own store but to offer developers easy solution to port their code to win platform...

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site

No they won't immediately be available! The tools will be released and it's up to the devs to process the apps themselves - it's their apps and their course if they want to support wp. So, say, if snap chat don't want to be on the platform; it won't happen. Or we'll be back to hoping some third party makes an app.
There is another factor. Apparently many apps can run unaltered. Developers of those apps will have slightly more incentive/pressure to port them and put them in the Windows store because if they don't some people will pirate and side-load them making it harder to put the genie back in the bottle when and if they get around to it.

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site

There is another factor. Apparently many apps can run unaltered. Developers of those apps will have slightly more incentive/pressure to port them and put them in the Windows store because if they don't some people will pirate and side-load them making it harder to put the genie back in the bottle when and if they get around to it.
Oh sure, agreed - though I don't know one will be side loading anything to the new w10m..? - but ya, ultimately it's their choice to bring their offerings over. MSFT has made it easy reach generation and still people don't bite or treat it as a far afterthought. Hopefully that changes!

papafrankm

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site

...and why in the world do we want ALL android apps??
I have A Samsung tablet a samsing phone and a windows laptop. I could synch everything including myvamazon music. Iswitched to a winphone because I thought with office365 deverything would mesh just fine,
,boy was I surprised.
No amazon, no sirrius radio, no calendar solution, contacts are a nightmare.
Have 28 days left to decide... most likely back tp android.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

...Microsoft doesn't publish these apps. It's not up to them.

justonlumia

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site

If the ported apps (not the high end games) can run well in the lower end lumias then its going to flood like crazy and breathe life into the WP ecosystem, it all depends on the performance without any bugs. Assuming they are easily allowed in the store or elsewhere....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb