Delete Windows 10 and install Windows 7, how can I do this?

NafcMontana

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Delete Windows 10 and install Windows 7

Hi guys

Like a month ago I bought a new laptop (MSi Apache GE62), especialle for school and gaming, but it came with Windows 10 installed on it and I really don't like it since it can't play all of my games (Blops 2, Grid 2,...) So I was wondering, can I completely delete Windows 10 and install Windows 7 from the disc? If so, how and what else do I have to do?

Thanks guys

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Delete Windows 10 and install Windows 7

Yes, you can.. but you need to do a several things, especially if you're open to upgrading it back to Windows 10 (while the upgrade is offered for free):

1. Acquire a Windows 7 ISO file - either download/buy it then burn it onto a DVD disc, or just buy the ISO disc from a Microsoft store. Make sure it has an accompanying License Key - this is important!

2. Proceed with installing Windows 7. If you want, you may keep your Windows 10 OS by installing Windows 7 in dual boot.

3. Once Windows 7 has been installed (and activated), immediately check for updates (very useful in letting your PC download the correct and latest driver versions).

If you're open to upgrading back to Windows 10 later, proceed:
4. Upgrade back to Windows 10, given that your Windows 7 is licensed.

5. Once you're in Windows 10, roll back to Windows 7 - this way you will be able to upgrade back to Windows 10 even if the free upgrade period has lapsed.

...by the way, have you tried running those games in "Compatibility Mode"? Simply right click on the .exe of the game, click on Properties, then in the Compatibility tab, you should see the option to run the file in Compatibility mode with a previous OS version.. just choose the OS version from Windows XP to Windows 8. If that doesn't work, then you would need to really go back to a previous OS version.

NafcMontana

May 28, 2014
Visit site

Yes, you can.. but you need to do a several things, especially if you're open to upgrading it back to Windows 10 (while the upgrade is offered for free):

1. Acquire a Windows 7 ISO file - either download/buy it then burn it onto a DVD disc, or just buy the ISO disc from a Microsoft store. Make sure it has an accompanying License Key - this is important!

2. Proceed with installing Windows 7. If you want, you may keep your Windows 10 OS by installing Windows 7 in dual boot.

3. Once Windows 7 has been installed (and activated), immediately check for updates (very useful in letting your PC download the correct and latest driver versions).

If you're open to upgrading back to Windows 10 later, proceed:
4. Upgrade back to Windows 10, given that your Windows 7 is licensed.

5. Once you're in Windows 10, roll back to Windows 7 - this way you will be able to upgrade back to Windows 10 even if the free upgrade period has lapsed.

...by the way, have you tried running those games in "Compatibility Mode"? Simply right click on the .exe of the game, click on Properties, then in the Compatibility tab, you should see the option to run the file in Compatibility mode with a previous OS version.. just choose the OS version from Windows XP to Windows 8. If that doesn't work, then you would need to really go back to a previous OS version.

Oh thanks, and yes I have tried a million things but none work. An hour ago I bought Bioshock Infinite and it even doesn't open, I tried everything.
Can I completely delete Windows 10 from my computer and install windows 7? how would that work? just by restarting my laptop with the Windows 7 CD in it? Or is there something else I have to do?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Change the boot order in your PC BIOS*, placing the DVD drive as the first drive in the boot order. Then restart your PC with the Windows 7 Disc in the drive; that should prompt you to install Windows 7 in your PC.

Alternatively, you may simply insert the disc in your drive while in your desktop; you should still be prompted to install the new OS.

I'd advise you to read more about installing an OS in your PC; generally, nothing should go wrong, but make sure to have all important files backed up just in case something goes wrong.

*- Accessing the BIOS depends on the manufacturer; usually it can be accessed by pressing F2 or F10 while the PC is starting up (right after the PC is turned on, not while the Windows screen is loading).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs