Is it just me or does Windows 10 get worse and worse with every new build?

salazka

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Initially it was Edge not working properly, now it mostly crashes. Even the new "amazing" feature of tab previews doesn't work properly. Imagine, I moved back to Chrome after so many years of being a happy IE user. Cortana was a bit iffy with "Hey Cortana". Now she doesn't listen to what I say at all, even when I press the button. The notification center has its own mood. Often decides to hide until I restart for absolutely no reason at all. Same goes for the sound volume and other flyouts on the desktop.

In short, there is massive degradation of various major features with every new build. And since I post all the issues I find using the feedback app, I know it is not just me experiencing these things. This is disastrous.

So, is it just me or you experience similar issues yourself?

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Yes, that's exactly what's happening. Each build is slightly worse than the one before...oh actually, that's ridiculous. Its just you.

teemulehtinen

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
But seriously - I am not an IT expert, so I might not understand the intricacies: if these new builds are made as improvements of the official Windows 10 which is available in stores and shops, why does Windows then get broken elsewhere than in those parts where preview improvements have been changed? Like language packs? Why aren't they available?

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
"new build" preview builds you mean? wow....
if you want to run a stable release you shouldn't be on preview. if you expect preview builds not to have issues, you shouldn't be on a preview, you just want to run "the latest updates&features", but do you really think the are RTM quality? well that's your mistake. there is a reason why they are preview builds, and why they are not RTM.

also you didn't specify if you upgraded from 8 or 7 to 10 (10240) and then keep upgrading to new builds, or you clean installed windows 10 and keep upgrading from it. because upgrades from a major version o a major version (gosh even phones suffer this like from 7 to 8 or 8 to 10) is not perfect, but people expect to upgrade and then have the same experience than a clean installed windows 10 which runs like 100x better.

But anyway just these "new builds" sound like people like you shouldn't be on preview. or they should reset their windows 10 and experience if resetting windows fixes the problems or it's a build problem, but like I said, there is a reason why they are not RTM. just because they are not stable and they won't be for a while.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
It's not just you experiencing these problems. However, opting to use preview builds rather than the public release with automatic updates and calling them disastrous is reserved for those who maybe shouldn't be insiders.

teemulehtinen

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I am fairly well aware of the shortcomings of preview builds. And having run these previews on daily basis for months both on mobile and pc, I know they are sometimes rather upsettingly clumsy. However, this is not supposed to be like some early build we saw in January 2015 which blacked me out twice. I cannot understand how it feels like we are taking two steps back while getting three forward. That is what bothers me.

Oh, and I simply updated from a 10240 which I had set up as a "clean" from scratch after trying the previous preview build two weeks ago for whatever that is worth.

If it is just me, then fine.

Chuckcell

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Half a sec here.
I, and a lot of other folks, did an "up-stall" from Win-N (7 professional, in my case) to Win10 cause we were told that was "the WAY".
You're saying that way doesn't work properly???😨

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss