Smart to replace Win10 with Win7??

NafcMontana

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys

I'm having a couple problems with Win10

- Store-app doesn't open.
- I can't play several games (incompatible with Win10)
- I can't use my school-programs optimal

So I was wondering, is it smart to install Win7 over my Win10?
I still have a Win7 disc but my concern is that it is really old, like almost 7 years...
Is it still worth to install, or should I install Win8.1 instead? That I will still have to buy and I don't really like Win8.1 that much...

I know that I can install Win7 as secondary OS, but can I use programs (like CoD, Steam, Origin or AutoCAD) in Win7, if they are only installed via my Win10? I don't want to install something on both OS's because I don't want to waste the free disc space...

What would you guys do?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Just about everyone has experienced the store app not opening or updating. There are a few ways to fix that. Some of the games can be fixed to run as well with comparability settings. Sometimes the scaling can throw them off.

As far as using the same installs unusually the answer is no. But some programs can function without being installed. But usually they are simple, small applications.

elindalyne

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
In some cases applications installed prior to Windows 10 installation can have issues due to permissions. If you fix the permissions things will start to work.

Here's a pretty detailed guide in regards to fixing that - Windows 10 - How to Configure User Permissions for Files, Folders

You should make sure your Windows updates are up to date as well... From what I understand the majority of the store fixes have been taken care of in the updates.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
You should make sure your Windows updates are up to date as well... From what I understand the majority of the store fixes have been taken care of in the updates.

Sadly, I would say no. Between the phone TPs, RTM and post RTP TPs I've experienced store issues on them all. But I have the steps memorized to clear it up at least. Unfortunately, that can't be done on the phone.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
What would you guys do?

I would clean install Windows, there is a windows 10 option for resetting and keep files if you are lazy about doing it yourself (I like doing it myself and put everything on a TEMP folder on C: and then it installs as a clean install but making sure I keep all the files)

there is also a way to clean install and it will keep everything on Windows.old

why do you want to install the software but don't clean install or reset your Windows? I don't know if you did just an upgrade or a clean install of Windows 10, but it's weird your apps doesn't open if you clean installed windows.

I don't play games, not often, so it's not something I care about if they are compatible or not, I make videogames assets and try game engines and sometimes it's a hobby more than a job, but hardly play videogames ironically, but let's be honest, create is funnier than play other's creations.

But AutoCAD should work, I use several Autodesk software and nothing has caused me trouble. the only trouble I had compared to Windows 8, was that I had to restart my computer to keep installing Autodesk software after installing Visual C++ 2012 I think, but after a restart, everything would install normal and fine.
I also use several 3d related software and nothing seems to run bad or strange, everything works fine here. but of course I clean installed everything.

But of course that's what I would do, I upgraded a new laptop my dad bought, and the first little problem it gave me, I just clean installed and it hasn't failed in 2 months. only thing I had to find it's proper drivers, hide video driver updates from Windows Update and everything works great.

you can always try to reinstall apps by using powershell.
maybe delete the %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe folder and reinstall store on powershell.
maybe you can set compatibility mode for those software that seem to act strange, and make sure you have the proper driver for your hardware, and check windows update history to see if there some weird update being pushed to you with this troubleshooter:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

many things to do, but I think sometimes it's easier just to start from zero, and clean install everything so you would make sure everything will work the best it can, especially store, it's strange your store is not opening, but I have only seen that when people upgrade, not when people clean install.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium