Windows 10 needs an adblocker, big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Download chrome, get adblock plus from chrome web store. Problem solved. I just saved you a lot of money on an Apple product. Can I get a small percentage of your savings?

anon(631531)

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Download chrome, get adblock plus from chrome web store. Problem solved. I just saved you a lot of money on an Apple product. Can I get a small percentage of your savings?

HaHaHa. What are you smoking? Giving up Firefox for Chrome, is like giving up a Cadillac, for a "Smart Car". Chrome is only one notch above Edge.:winktongue:

anon(631531)

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
You do realize there's adblock for FF too right?
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/

OK, let's go over this one more time. Firefox is great. When i use it on the Yosemite(Apple) side of my MacBook Pro, i can use all my extensions and my ABP ad blocker. When i use Firefox on the Windows 10(MSFT) side of my MacBook Pro, all my Firefox extensions, INCLUDING ABP ad blocker, are disabled. The culprit is Windows 10, not Firefox, not Bing, not MSN, and not Google. My laptop is mid 2010, so i will be looking for a Dell, Surface, Lenovo, etc., but not until they get Windows 10 straightened out. If Apple, yes i said that name, can make a quality product, so can MSFT. I'm done with this thread.:winktongue:

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Funny thing is that this site is one of the worst offenders for ads slowing a site.

I actually recommend it in feedback to Microsoft that this is their test site.

It crashes the mobile Edge in about 60 seconds once the page is fully loaded. And links won't work until the whole page is loaded. Catch 22.

This is on a 635. On a 640 it loads just as slowly but only crashes now when embedded videos are used.

As I said... classic test case site. Sadly.

anon(631531)

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
My apologies to all concerned. Firefox extensions do work with Windows 10. All of mine were disabled, and i had to reinstall them one at a time. Now i can stay with Windows 10, and just use Firefox, until Edge is ready to play with the big boys.:smile: Again, many thanks to all.:winktongue:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Changing an OS just because of adverts?

Dramatic much?

Use Firefox with ublock or something...

Edit: Just seen the last post lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads