How can I get my wifi working again after installing Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

wifi wont turn on after installing windows 10

Hi just downloaded 10 from 8.1 on my hp laptop wifi worked fine now that 10 is installed wifi wont turn on at settings it comes up as wifi all working but when you turn on it wont stay on just goes back to off. I have done updates to no avail anyone have an idea whats going on, obviously i'm on ethernet now that works fine just bought this computer yesterday.

Any help would be Apprieciated

Paz

Tumultus

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: wifi wont turn on after installing windows 10

Download the proper wireless drivers for your laptop from the HP's website. Since your wireless currently doesn't work, you may have to use another computer. Once downloaded, install them on your laptop.

If HP doesn't have drivers for Windows 10, you can use the Windows 7 / 8.x drivers.

freakout311style

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Are you using Kaspersky internet security? I recently saw an issue with someone's laptop where once upgraded to W10, Kaspersky didn't play nicely with the wireless and essentially blocked it from running. Ethernet worked fine and uninstalling the software made the wireless work again (although there were claims that an updated version would fix it, which I didn't pursue).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs