10 Things Windows Phones Do Better Than Android Phones

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Since that article was from June 2014, most of those things are no longer true.

I'm not entirely sure what aspects are better in that list compared to Android. The only unique things there is the Live Tiles and the consistent OS across all devices. That's about it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I know it's review from last year but It's pretty same situation today.

Um, no it isn't.

1. Build quality on most smartphones these days are about equal. You'd be hard pressed to find smartphones today that are the exception.

2. Not all apps are great on WP, nor are they on any smartphone. There are always dodgy apps but to suggest all apps are great on WP is lying.

3. Social media, not as good as it used to be. Sorry.

4. MS makes great apps for Android now.

5. I'll give you this one.

6. Android has tonnes of lockscreen apps....

7. Xbox Smartglass on Android seems to be the same thing...

8. OK no live tiles.

9. HERE maps is on Anrdroid. Better app if you ask me.

10. SD cards are not uncommon on Androids... sure it's not 100% like WP currently but that's changing in Android M.

So you see what I meant by not being true any longer.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Lots of WP devices don't support SD cards. Not sure why that was even on the list.
It was more to do with the fact that SD cards act more like permanent storage on WP, like allowing you to put full apps on it, unlike Android which is about 60% currently.

Though that wasn't always the case with WP. MS didn't want SD cards or low end hardware. It was Nokia that pushed that.

Many people forget that.

Ignorance, there is a cure.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It was more to do with the fact that SD cards act more like permanent storage on WP, like allowing you to put full apps on it, unlike Android which is about 60% currently.

Though that wasn't always the case with WP. MS didn't want SD cards or low end hardware. It was Nokia that pushed that.

Many people forget that.

Ignorance, there is a cure.
Neither my 900 nor my 920 had microSD card slots.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Since that article was from June 2014, most of those things are no longer true.

I'm not entirely sure what aspects are better in that list compared to Android. The only unique things there is the Live Tiles and the consistent OS across all devices. That's about it.

I have to agree...Hubs are all but gone now too.

And I have to say...I've been test driving a Note 5 here lately and it is hard to go back to my beloved Windows Phone because as a user since Windows Mobile 6.5, I've been "waiting" entirely too long it seems for something GREAT to happen! :)

mayconvert

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site

mayconvert

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Staying with note 5. Best phone experience ever.
I will look at WP after the holidays and see if the 950XL is down to the $400 range. $650 is just too much for what you get with WP.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Staying with note 5. Best phone experience ever.
I will look at WP after the holidays and see if the 950XL is down to the $400 range. $650 is just too much for what you get with WP.

If GROOVE Music for Android is improved, I'd have a hard time moving back, at this point, to my beloved Windows Phone. Though of officially it is heard we can activate a 950xl on Verizon, it'll be tempting to get one.

Amit Mishra3

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Good battery backup, doesn't hang up and cant catch virus are three things which have made me stick to wp... Now as far as apps n features are concerned - all features n apps that I along with most of users need are present n working great in wp... There are lots of shiny n colourful apps on android which no one needs n they screw up the phone..

All I can say I bought first n last android in 2013.. Which somehow with hiccups worked for three months n then I had to throw that away... I pledged not to buy an android since that day... I'm not kinda person who changes phone every six months.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Good battery backup, doesn't hang up and cant catch virus are three things which have made me stick to wp... Now as far as apps n features are concerned - all features n apps that I along with most of users need are present n working great in wp... There are lots of shiny n colourful apps on android which no one needs n they screw up the phone..

All I can say I bought first n last android in 2013.. Which somehow with hiccups worked for three months n then I had to throw that away... I pledged not to buy an android since that day... I'm not kinda person who changes phone every six months.

Do we really need to go into the whole virus thing with Android? Antivirus for Android ? do you need it? | Android Central

With that kind of thinking why does anyone use Windows PC OS? Install software from proper sources and you'll be fine. It's not that difficult. I have to admit I do wonder with the whole universal app thing how safe W10M will be now. But that's just me musing.

My Sony Z3 works perfectly fine. No hanging. I don't get anything like the 'resuming' I got on WP. Backup is just fine. Found WP backup more of a pain really.

As for the shiny app comment. It's about what works for you and what you want as a user. Nothing else. I'm not into phone wars or OS wars. I'm fairly agnostic on which OS I use.

Last I checked 2013 was almost two years ago. Things have changed since then.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Do we really need to go into the whole virus thing with Android? Antivirus for Android ? do you need it? | Android Central

With that kind of thinking why does anyone use Windows PC OS? Install software from proper sources and you'll be fine. It's not that difficult. I have to admit I do wonder with the whole universal app thing how safe W10M will be now. But that's just me musing.

My Sony Z3 works perfectly fine. No hanging. I don't get anything like the 'resuming' I got on WP. Backup is just fine. Found WP backup more of a pain really.

As for the shiny app comment. It's about what works for you and what you want as a user. Nothing else. I'm not into phone wars or OS wars. I'm fairly agnostic on which OS I use.

Last I checked 2013 was almost two years ago. Things have changed since then.
I just got a new Moto X Pure Edition, but I had been using a 2013 Moto X for 7 months previously, and I'm still using a 2013 Nexus 7.

I never experienced lag or bugs on either 2013 device. I also never did factory reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes