Since I installed Windows 10, I cannot print anything. Why is this?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

since i installed windows 10, I cannot print anything. Why is this?

Since I installed Windows 10, the free version, I can no longer print anything. How do I fix this issue?

Tumultus

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: since i installed windows 10, I cannot print anything. Why is this?

Good question and I would like to point you in the right direction, however, the provided information are sparse at best!

Do you use a network printer? A USB connected printer?
Either way, press the WINDOWS key on your keyboard and type DEVICES AND PRINTERS. It should show up in a search result. Click on it in order to get to the DEVICES AND PRINTERS screen. Remove your printer there by right-clicking it and then selecting REMOVE DEVICE. If you have a network printer, use the ADD A DEVICE option and follow the wizard. Do not use the ADD A PRINTER option because network printers often don't get detected there (why ever). the ADD A DEVICE option is more reliable. Once it detects your network printer, left-click on it once and then click NEXT at the bottom. Follow the wizard until installation is complete.

If you have a USB printer, remove the printer as described above. Turn it off and unplug the USB cable. Insert the USB cable in a different USB port and turn the printer on again. Windows should detect it automatically.

Give it a few minutes to properly install.

David R London

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: since i installed windows 10, I cannot print anything. Why is this?

Tumultus, hi,

THAT WORKED! I thought I had already done this several times over the weekend with no progress, but this time it worked.

Thanks,

David R.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster