Where is speech-to-text?

bemiquel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I just watched this video of Joe Belfiore from back in February. He says Windows 10 for mobile can receive speech-to-text in virtually any data field throughout the UI. But where is it? I am trying to find a way to speech a reply to an SMS and the microphone button is nowhere. Nor in any other place of the OS.

iOS have had this feature for many years now. Where is it in W10?

Minute 1:32

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I just watched this video of Joe Belfiore from back in February. He says Windows 10 for mobile can receive speech-to-text in virtually any data field throughout the UI. But where is it? I am trying to find a way to speech a reply to an SMS and the microphone button is nowhere. Nor in any other place of the OS.

iOS have had this feature for many years now. Where is it in W10?

Minute 1:32
https://youtu.be/ckzhX1O6Lto?t=1m32s

Wow it really didn't take me long to find that. Open the keyboard, in the upper left-hand corner where the corrections appear.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
acd1b5d49e7f04bce10bf10799bd9989.png
It's on to of the keyboard everyone u bring it up hit the microphone and speak. I have a screenshot for u do u can see the microphone

bemiquel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't appear to me. No matter what language or speech or region I select :/

Edit: found it! the problem was that I was using a different language in the keyboard. I had to press the language change and go to English or Spanish (catalan is not supported it seems) and it's there! thanks a lot!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro