What do you think about Android and Chrome OS merging? Is it a threat for MS Windows 10 vision?

Smokin44

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: What do you think about Android and Chrome OS merging? is it a threat for MS windows 10 vision?

Threat is one way to look at it - Id look at it that is confirms that the concept of continuum is the future and the future is much closer than we realize.

One OS for your total eco-system, regardless of device. That is the future.

If MSFT do this properly, they are in the position to blow everybody out of the water. 90 odd percent of the global workforce use windows and have some sort of windows eco-system, and most of them use MSFT productivity tools. None of these will be early adopters to a freakshow android os, they will give windows every chance.

Karl Jayson Panase1

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: What do you think about Android and Chrome OS merging? is it a threat for MS windows 10 vision?

MS needs to act quickly and execute it properly or else other Tech Giants will Claim that they are the first one to create it and the community will credit the tech to them..now is the time to show MS power.

Karl Jayson Panase1

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site

Threat? Hahaha quite funny

its really a threat for me IF..MS fails to execute this One Windows Ecosystem Especially on Mobile. They already proven their credibility on PC market and now is the time to gain the trust of consumers in Mobile space. on the other hand, android is a success in mobile space but who knows if they can find a whole or do some magic,well there might be a place for it in PC market..but for now its MS time and it should act quickly!

Ian_Superfly

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site

It is a threat as Android has all the apps including MS Office, OneNote, OneDrive, Xbox, office lens etc etc.
Add then specific apps for the business system used (at some company) and that gazillion of other apps and there is not much need for Windows for businesses.

But, I guess the readers of wpcentral will see the decline of Windows sales as "strategic" as Microsoft does not charge the consumer for the license. "It's all about the services..."

Note also that features like Cortana does not work in most countries but Google now does.

(The biggest mistake MS has done (so far) was to give away their only aces (Office, OneDrive, Xbox etch) in this).
If MS will lose this, I guess our kids will study what can happen with a company when different departments fight each other and one case study will be MS.

"MS OneDrive" (product line) wanted to fight amazon and made OneDrive working on all platforms.
"MS Xbox" wanted to fight Sony and made Xbox integration available on all platforms.
"MS Office" wanted to fight Google and made Office available on all platforms.
"MS OS" wanted to fight both OSX and Google and made windows "free".
"MS NBD/Revenue" wanted to fight Google and released a crippled Bing (Crippled in any country outside US).
"MS NBD/revenue" wanted to fight both Google and ios and released Cortana for all systems (but is not available in most countries, not even for WP/W10M).

The big loser of all these decisions is not the competition, it is WP/W10M that now IS irrelevant (3% and declining) and that opens up for "Universal Android/Chrome" (or an apple version) to wipe out the rest of MS. A bit ironically if you ask me, especially as the stock market is still clapping their hands for Nadella.

Last edited:

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
The one issue I find is that Google is far more universal, Bing is US centric. World domination isn't going to happen when MS doesn't acknowledge there are other countries out there.

Last edited:

Spectrum90

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site

The one issue I find is that Google is far more universal, Bing is US centric. World domination isn't going to happen when MS doesn't acknowledge there are other countries out there.
Maybe now that Bing reached profitability, the expansion to other markets will be faster.

Karl Jayson Panase1

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site

Just like Dan said in askDan.."its really a threat but not that much"

StaticXCC

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site

90 odd percent of the global workforce use windows and have some sort of windows eco-system, and most of them use MSFT productivity tools. None of these will be early adopters to a freakshow android os, they will give windows every chance.

Yet, the majority of businesses don't use WP, they use Blackberry or iPhone. iPhone is taking over Blackberry for the Enterprise because the companies users are DEMANDING to use iPhones in droves and IT is relenting.

If the merge of ChromeOS and Android makes a one OS for all your devices ring for consumers over Windows 10, then the business will capilate. I assure you. I dislike ChromeOS, love Windows 10 for PC, but I own an Android phone because in the end, I like Android better. So the market will dictate, and it can be hard to predict.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos