Free dock...but where to plug in

Boysie1

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
So here is an odd one. I no longer use desktops. Unless at work. So where would I plug in a free dock? I mean I get the point of it but really I'm not sure it's got a place in a future environment where desktops are no longer normal.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Plugging it into the TV is indeed a good solution. That along with a Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse will give you a "home PC" where you didn't have one before. Even if you don't think you'd need one, consider this. With Windows 10 Universal Apps and they way they scale from mobile to desktop, while in that docked continuum mode, you'd have better screen real estate to edit photos, sort through your photo/video collection, show photo slideshows to the family, etc. Also, a number of games would benefit from a bigger screen.

If you do emails with any regularity, doing your email would also be much easier while docked.

Just a few ideas.

Also keep in mind, Continuum with monitor/mouse/keyboard isn't the only use for the dock! Plug your phone into the dock, and let it charge while you've got a portable HDD or Flash Drive hooked up to it to backup photos, videos, and documents from your phone if you don't want to pay for more then 5GB OneDrive storage. Who needs OneDrive backups when you can back up everything offline at home? It's a thought.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786