Mail App can't show image?

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Mail App on my W10 PC can't show image for any email, but from Outlook and Outlook web it works fine, can someone help?

Screenshot (7).png

Here is an example of the same email in Outlook vs in Mail app, in Mail app the image can't be displayed, how do I fix this?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if this will help but go to settings (mail app) > options > scroll down > toggle the option for external images to off > close mail app > restart and check?

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if this will help but go to settings (mail app) > options > scroll down > toggle the option for external images to off > close mail app > restart and check?

That option is already enabled, tried to disabled and re enabled it and restart the app and PC, also tried to reinstall the app through PowerShell, still image is not showing up, suggestion?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I mostly use the outlook for desktop for mails, since I was unable to vie attachments using the mail app, so I don't really have any other suggestions :/

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Strage very strange indeed.

If you tried the rest via powershell and it still doesn't work then.... :/

And i'm sure you have the app up to date from the store...

Do a full reset? That's such a strange problem

Have you tried another account in the mail app?

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Strage very strange indeed.

If you tried the rest via powershell and it still doesn't work then.... :/

And i'm sure you have the app up to date from the store...

Do a full reset? That's such a strange problem

Have you tried another account in the mail app?

Yep, uninstall from PowerShell, restart PC, install again with PS, nope still broken, uninstall again, restart PC, install from Store, still broken, Windows app troubleshooter, sfc /scannow, dism.exe whateverthelengthycommandis.. I gave up.

Full reset isn't worth it, I have Outlook anyway, it's just out of curiosity why app that works flawlessly and I used it almost every hour, suddenly has a major bug for me.

Another account, that's a good suggestion, I'll try it tomorrow night.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb