mail app question

zulu208

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
i've been using the mail app in windows 10 since RTM. while this is great, it seem to have a problem syncing anything mail i delete to outlook.com or my mobile phone.

was wondering if anyone else have issue?

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
well if you look at the last synchronization when you click on your account, you will notice Mail app makes changes every 15 minutes, then it resets and goes back to "last update 1 minute" until 15, so if you make the changes at minute 3, 5, 10 or 14, would be the same, it will make the changes until it goes to 15minutes from last synchronization... yes, even if you set as "as items arrive" or "based on my usage", it's still 15 minutes.
I made a test, sending mails to myself, and it works as expected... you get them immediately it pushes the mail to the mail app, but Mail app doesn't seem to "push" the changes you make to mails and then you have to wait 15 minutes for that.

so your only option it's to do it manually or wait 15 minutes.

so it's not a synching problem per say, it's the way the Mail app is doing it, right or wrong? that's the way it works for now. yes, it must be fixed but not today so we must wait to see if TH2 brings good changes an updates for these small issues.

zulu208

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
are you saying that I have to leave the mail app open for 15mins or does that 15 mins happen in the background as long as my laptop is on?

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
No. the app keeps running in background. when I opened the app, it will automatically say about updated 7 minutes ago closed it and then waited and it said 1 minute ago, and deleted on outlook.com the email I deleted on the app.
so the only thing you need is your computer on apparently. it will sync within 15 minutes internal it does if you deleted and move emails and then closed the apps.
but then I guess it would be easier just to hit the sync button manually most of the time.

the changes you make on outlook.com apply immediately on the app, but not the other way around, yeah, that sucks. I guess the only thing we can do it's give feedback and wait for a fix.

ibachus

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
My Mail app won't sync in Windows 10 either. I'm using Gmail. When I first setup the account, it will sync all of my mail. However, EVERY subsequent sync will spin forever and not return any new mail. I cannot send mail either. I can remove the account and then add it again. At that point, it will sync all of my mail but then each subsequent sync will not return any new mail. This really sucks because I like the look of the new app and I can't find any help anywhere. :eck:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon