Not Quite The App Explosion...

AFerrari4u

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
So even months after Windows 10 launched, I haven't seen an explosion of Apps, in particular brands or social apps that maybe I expected.

While many companies supported Windows 10 in press release or statements, I haven't seen many brands build brand new Windows 10 apps.

Is there a reason?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
it takes time my friend :) nobody said that the developers would run towards MS lol The issue was and still is, how many people are using the platform. You won't be able to clearly asses the situation until at least a year has passed. By this time next year, we should know whether or not the universal strategy was a resounding success, huge failure or simply a mild push in the right direction

Sarveshwar

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft is in delusion at the moment and it is going to 'take time' for it to get to its senses. They are telling others to develop programs for the OS and themselves have released such incapable apps like Films and TV. None of the apps seems to tap into the full power of the machine. All of their home grown apps are like incompetent bastards. Microsoft will have to show the potential of the Universal Apps before others start to take it seriously.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft is in delusion at the moment and it is going to 'take time' for it to get to its senses. They are telling others to develop programs for the OS and themselves have released such incapable apps like Films and TV. None of the apps seems to tap into the full power of the machine. All of their home grown apps are like incompetent bastards. Microsoft will have to show the potential of the Universal Apps before others start to take it seriously.

Not that I really use the app, but what exactly is wrong with it?

Sarveshwar

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Not that I really use the app, but what exactly is wrong with it?

A lot. To start, it does not even have proper thumbnails of the videos. It's all fuzzy. Take another example - Edge, which is not great at the moment. I am not talking about extension support. It is in general not usable. Freezes randomly at times. Another abomination: Groove. Groove plays music well and audio quality is good but transition from normal to full screen from 'now playing' has been jittery from the very beginning and they have not been able to fix it even after numerous releases - more than a dozen releases. There are many minor annoyances in every app. Mail app stops updating tiles after few hours - mostly I need to restart system for it to update the tile. Same problems with Calendar and Weather. Yes, News app do not have such problems and I feel News is the only app that does not seem buggy at the moment.

Minimizing and maximising of many universal app is not smooth at random times. There are a lot of things, man. I use an optimum system with a 2 GHz Dual Core processor with SSD and 4GB RAM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett