Is it me, or does ebay work terrible on edge?

jcar302

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I frequent ebay, not that I buy a lot of stuff there, but I have many hobbies and it's a great research tool.

When I use it on my hp stream 7 on windows 10 with edge, it's downright unusable. Locks up, lags, drop down boxes rarely respond and it also says "not responding" on the tab frequently.

It's better on my Lenovo yoga, but still far from good.

I did something that I really never wanted to do, installed chrome on both machines. And honestly it just runs better.

My biggest mistake was putting windows 10 on my hp stream 7 and deleting windows 8 completely.

Just another day of missing Internet explorer Metro.

Is the stream 7, just not powerful enough?
Many sites run just fine, but i'm still feeling like edge is a downgrade.

Jarvo111

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
No, it' not just you. I think Windows 10 has so many faults in it, together with the accompanying email programme, that it should be withdrawn until all compatibility problems have been resolved but I guess this is Microsoft's lazy way of solving the problems by getting the public to report faults and then the can think about correcting them. I guess the programmers were fed up finding too many things to solve that they thought that Joe Pubic can help them sort it out.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yea, On Windows 10 I keep IE 11 and Edge on the start menu, switch between sites as a lot of sites still have problems with edge.

I even found out memory usage, as I was testing for a few days, I opened 4 sites on both browsers (IE and Edge, same pages), memory usage for the same sites are about 25% more with Edge than IE.

Keep in mind, IE is at version 11, and Edge is on it's early versions, it will take time for it to even equal IE at least.

For me, IE or Firefox, best browsers as of right now...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos