Can't wifi to a specific network in Windows 10

flexenburger

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
My Lenovo laptop recently had to have its hard drive replaced and Windows 10 has been installed rather than the original Windows 8.1 that was on the damaged hard drive. All was fine for about a week until a fault developed on BT's broadband network and after they'd fixed that, this laptop no longer connects to our BT Home Hub 5 Broadband Router. It will connect OK using an Ethernet cable and it will connect using wifi to a neighbour's Sky broadband system. All other devices in my house - PC, other laptops, iPads and phones etc. - have reconnected to the BT Home Hub 5 Broadband Router with no problem. The wifi adapter in the Lenovo laptop is obviously OK as it connects to my neighbours wifi without any problem, but why won't it connect to mine? Can anyone suggest a solution?

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
My Lenovo laptop recently had to have its hard drive replaced and Windows 10 has been installed rather than the original Windows 8.1 that was on the damaged hard drive. All was fine for about a week until a fault developed on BT's broadband network and after they'd fixed that, this laptop no longer connects to our BT Home Hub 5 Broadband Router. It will connect OK using an Ethernet cable and it will connect using wifi to a neighbour's Sky broadband system. All other devices in my house - PC, other laptops, iPads and phones etc. - have reconnected to the BT Home Hub 5 Broadband Router with no problem. The wifi adapter in the Lenovo laptop is obviously OK as it connects to my neighbours wifi without any problem, but why won't it connect to mine? Can anyone suggest a solution?

and what does it say? what error it tells you?

you could try to remove the network profile so they act as it's the first time you set them up.
by going to registro to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles
and you delete the ones you want, but when you try to connect, it will act like it's a new network.

flexenburger

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Many thanks for your reply and your suggested remedy. However, I've fixed it now and the solution was far simpler as all I did was to reboot the router and then all was fine!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte