Lumia 920 different behaviors after hard reset

skiboysteve

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I was always curious what would be different after a hard reset on a Lumia 920 updated to W10M, so I figured I'd document my experience here for others.
I'm running build 10581. After update, if ran great, but after a week it started burning through battery really fast all the sudden so I did a hard reset, which fixed the problem. Hopefully for more than a week.

Other things I noticed:
1) I use the phone on tmobile even though I originally purchased if from ATT. Prior to now, mobile hotspot never worked. It always tried to authenticate with ATT, but I'm thrilled it no longer does that and works flawlessly.
2) unfortunately the access point "extra" app pops up at every boot and says it failed to properly set settings. Says the same thing if I open the app. I had to go set the tmobile internet and mms APNs manually.
3) I can now set my maximum connection speed as 2G, 3G, or 4G (LTE). Couldn't do that before
4) the type of cellular connection is no longer shown in the status bar. Have to pull down to see it
5) glance screen and audio "extras" apps are stuck trying to update in the store with error 0x803F8006 and won't open. So these are dead :-(
6) touch "extra" app won't open. Double tap to wake appears to be on though.

I'll post more if I find it

skiboysteve

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Just also noticed that edge browser no longer greys out the sync setting with "you must be logged in with Microsoft account for this feature" like it used to before hard reset

skiboysteve

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Used to have an O icon for my personal outlook.com live tile and an exchange icon for my work email live tile, but now they are both O icons. Annoying

However lock screen email notifications (the little number + icon) now work. They didn't used to

hoyeboye

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Have you experienced issues with the phone circlebooting when the sim is installed? It shows no connectivity with or without the SIM installed. With the sim in, it'll run for about 30-60 seconds before rebooting. Once, I was able to manually enter the carrier info which solved the problem. The Access Point app updated and the problem started all over again, but I was never able to fix it. So, I flashed back to 8.1. This happened on the latest .71 release.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos