Smartwatches for Windows 10?

Hutzi

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Smartwatches for Windows 10

Smartwatches have been the new thing in tech these past couple of years. The Windows eco system has kind of been left behind on this behalf. Sure we have quite some options when it comes to fitness devices, MS Band, Fitbit etc. but there is no real option for actual smartwatches. Do you guys feel like this is a major problem? Has Microsoft missed the bus again? If you could have decided would you have continued development on the cancelled Nokia smartwatch? Or do you think that until there is the possibility of purchasing a device with at least a week or two of battery life it's not so much of a deal?

elindalyne

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: Smartwatches for Windows 10

What do you want out of a smartwatch? The Band and the Band 2 have some smartwatch features (notifications, weather, etc...)

You can add 3rd party apps to the Band and Band 2, so it's basically a smartwatch.

Hutzi

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site

The Band is a vision perfected in my opinion. Well almost. I would like to have it run Windows 10 IOT on version 3. No. My issue here was the exterior rather than the functions. I love for example the concept of Withings, a French semi-smartwatch brand. The dream would be this concept applied to a first party product by Microsoft. We all know now that Microsoft can make beautiful premium Panay-made hardware (kind of excluding the two flagships from this one though). But the fact that I consider any smart watch that has 1-2 day battery life unusable, I don't want yet another device to plug in every night, makes me think that Microsoft is working on this internally and will only release a device that just kills the competition. Hopefully on the aspect of .... Battery life!

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

Smartwatches have been the new thing in tech these past couple of years. The Windows eco system has kind of been left behind on this behalf. Sure we have quite some options when it comes to fitness devices, MS Band, Fitbit etc. but there is no real option for actual smartwatches. Do you guys feel like this is a major problem? Has Microsoft missed the bus again? If you could have decided would you have continued development on the cancelled Nokia smartwatch? Or do you think that until there is the possibility of purchasing a device with at least a week or two of battery life it's not so much of a deal?

Smartwatches are a fad... Anything outside of what the band does is more a gimmick. All of the devices do what the band does, ans the band does what it does quite well.

I still have my band 1 which I purchases on launch. I never wanted a smart watch as I do not use a watch anymore... The phone replaces it. The design microsoft band made me think different, not the apple watch. I liked a smaller device that focuses on a task which I take seriously all day, my health. I wanted some unobtrusive and that worked on any device, and, without a phone... Mainly I liked GPS so I could track any bike route or other physical activity.

I love that I get notifications and I do not have to take my phone out... I keep my phone on silent and just use the band... I send texts from my band by voice when I am kayaking , fishing , biking, etc, I set alarms and sleep alarms... I wished sto card worked on the band like the Starbuck app. I dont want games... Just auxiliary apps to support common features. That is more from what smartwatches do, but it doe not have to be son a smart watch... I would love to just run with not cash or wallet.

The tech industry is about making money and the biggest share that companies began to tap was he consumer side... Which they always need something new to sell... But people have what they need... It's not that PC is dying or the iPad is slowing due to lack of interest... It is people have what they need... Anything is kinda trivial... Only fans ans techies buy to try to make it add to their lives... Shoot people over expect more than companies over promise these days...

The band is good enough for me... Anything else, anymore expensive... In fact... $250 is too much... If I did not have a band 1, I would buy it over the band 2 right now for these super low prices... Any additional benefit of the band 2 is so marginal and overall impact/satisfaction is trival to me... To me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6