Will Astoria and other Windows Bridges save Windows 10 Mobile?

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Now that Astoria's out of the picture (for now, at least), expect to see a lot of posts explaining why it was the worst thing ever and W10 is much better without it and Islandwood is the real savior.

You can easily prove yourself wrong by looking at my post history. I've always argued that Astoria is a terrible idea.

henocksandy

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I have most of the Apps i use in Windows store but only few missing like Snapchat and Kik. But i still want them to do it. Astoria is just not worth it. Android lags and i don't want that to come on Windows! Windows can be a unique platform with unique apps.

Arunabha Goswami

May 11, 2015
Visit site
You can easily prove yourself wrong by looking at my post history. I've always argued that Astoria is a terrible idea.
Since I never said that there was not a single negative post about Astoria before, your post history doesn't really have to do anything with what I wrote.
Just look at this thread before and after the announcement about Astoria and you'll know what I mean.

yanpaulo

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Well, what I see here is: Most of people here (users/developers) didn't exactly want Astoria all along.
Even I was kind of afraid about app quality/look when Astoria would come out, although I was kinda excited to see popular apps coming to Windows (and along with apps, users).

In the end, most of us didn't want Astoria. But question is: wasn't Astoria really needed?

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
With the number of apps coming out that doesn't work on Windows phones is only hurting
the desire for people to wanting to buy the Windows phone. The design is great, but when one
can't achieve what the other phones can, it hurts the Windows phone sales by word of mouth.
Giving up on the Android Emulator was another bad move, since that would give the Windows
phone a boost, because it will be able to do those apps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05