Fall update performance question

greynightshirt

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
When I upgraded to W10 at the beginning of August, my Surface Pro 1 wouldn't go to sleep anymore and the fan was almost always on, no matter what I tried, so I went back to 8.1. Are these problems fixed now?

I've read that other Surface Pro generations and also computers by other manifacturers sometimes had similar issues.

And: Could I roll back to 8.1. a second time or is this only possible once?

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
For the first part, this issue is related to a specific hardware, I don't think general update will fix, MS rolled out an update recently to fix similar issues on the Surface Pro3.

For the second part, I believe it's possible, "one month after upgrading FROM 8.1"

Dave47

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
There have been wide spread reports of battery life problems when users upgraded to Win10 from Win8.1 and not just the Surface with constant fan on, warm to the touch, etc. In my case I lost about 50% of my battery life on a HP tablet. Lots of stuff running when system is more or less idle, sleep problems to name a few. I've read other vendor's products also have these problems.

Microsoft Community threads have hundreds of comments on the subject. So far, no general solution. Maybe this week's Threshold update? Hope so.

For further info Bing "Windows 10 battery drain" or similar.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon