Reboot for Latest Update leaves me Stuck at 40%

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
So after having numerous issues with my ASUS VivoTab Smart upgrading to Windows 10 (Sound issues, display driver issues, losing my Recovery Drive, etc) I finally got everything fixed and my tablet was finally running as wonderfully as it did on Windows 8.1..... For about a week.

And then this latest build for W10 comes out. I downloaded it and then attempted to install it

The system restarts to do the update with the circular progress bar but then gets stuck at 40%. I have had this problem on three different PC's in the past and all I did was power them off, boot up again, and then it would finish off the update with no further issues.

But that didn't happen this time. I powered off my Tablet and then started it up again. Instead of carrying on, W10 decides to cancel the whole update and roll me back to am earlier version of W10.

I thought I would try again and this time wait longer. Maybe I was impatient.

Went through the process again, rebooted, started the update install and then stuck at 40% yet again. I figured I would just plug my tablet in and leave it while I slept surly it would finish by the time I woke up.

Nope it was still at 40%

Powered it down because I couldn't do anything else, but it decided to roll back again.

What's worse is that it seemed to have rolled back to a version of W10 prior to when I got everything fixed mentioned above.

So now not only am I stuck with a dud upgrade that keeps trying to install after a period of time, but I have to fix all my previous issues again.

Anybody know how to resolve this update freeze?

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I read that too earlier this morning. I haven't tried it yet but it makes sense. My wife has a Lumia 1320 and always has to remove the SD to update W10M or else it locks up the same way.... Once I read that article it all made sense. When I get a chance to update my tablet I'll let you know if it worked.

ADufresne

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
What should be the procedure when you are stuck, i.e. how do you best unwind the process and start over? I'm using the Media Recovery tool route to update.

Maecius

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Turn off your device and turn it on again. Rollback to the previous Version of Win 10 should kick in then.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
As an update, my tablet, err.... Updated.

I took the SD Card out then checked for updates, but the update vanished. I then did the Media Creation Tool steps WC posted and everything it updated.

Though it messed up my audio drivers by installing the ones that messed everything up in the first place and I think the video drivers were messed up too but after frigging around for almost three months sorting that out before, I know how to fix that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234