Why W10 November update is not showing up?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
What is the KB number for this update ? IS it possable to manually download the update and install it like 99.9% of all Windows updates ?

I am another one, who is on RTM 10240 and No updates...Checked 4-5 times yesterday and checked this mornign around 5am EST (so if US is the problem in volume, it's lower at that time) still nothing...I am still on 10240

Downloading an ISO and upgrading/re-installing will break too much (3rd party, non 8/10 apps)... So that is NOT an option here.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Have 2 laptops here, did one with the Media Creation Tool and the other with Windows Update. Both updated exactly the same.

If you can't get the update automatically use Media Creation Tool. Start tool then select, "Update this PC".

What is the KB number for this update ? IS it possable to manually download the update and install it like 99.9% of all Windows updates ?

I am another one, who is on RTM 10240 and No updates...Checked 4-5 times yesterday and checked this mornign around 5am EST (so if US is the problem in volume, it's lower at that time) still nothing...I am still on 10240

Downloading an ISO and upgrading/re-installing will break too much (3rd party, non 8/10 apps)... So that is NOT an option here.

Okay, David in Connecticut (at least that's how I read your name), downloading the ISO will NOT break anything. Look at the first quote in this post from Jim_MAY. He did 2 upgrades, both updated exactly the same, one was with the Media Creation Tool (The ISO), and the other through the Windows Update.

There is NO diffference, as Microsoft has set up the ISO to know you're already on 10 if you already have it, and it will only give you the updates needed.

I know there is some fear when using a full Windows setup, but this one is safe. Just select "upgrade" and you'll be just fine.

Chicopower

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

One of my PC not received the November update yet via Windows Update.
I tried the Media Creation Tool (update your pc) to force this Fall Update and the upgrade stalled at 15%...
This "Media Creation Tool Update" is far from the same as Windows Update. I was in a black screen with a big Circle which show the install progress (like when we install a fresh windows).

Forced to reboot and the system auto-restored my system back.
I confirm i don't have the November update for this computer after this restore.

In Windows Update mode, the update is applied in Windows (in background) and was successful.

Then...
It's false to say there is "NO difference"...
There is a difference in HOW its updated and there is a difference on the RESULT.

In my case, i will wait to get it with Windows Update which worked great for my other computer.

Daniel LeCompte

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problems. Both Windows 10 Home computers updated with no problem (somewhat), My main Windows 10 Pro Desktop cannot find the update. The only thing I can figure is the Pro version is a few days behind on the release date. I have done all other updates, checked all the settings, and its been past the 31 days for the Windows.old to clear out.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
SO, No KB number for this update ? Really ? It would be one of the first Service pack or major update with out one...

And NO, I will not risk losing settings on some OLDER 3rd party NON-8.1 or 10 applications I have installed, Doing a upgrade from 7 to 10 broke them and took HOURS to get them back to where they were. Not going through that again, never mind I dont have the time for it..

Upgrading the OS, is not an option because it replaces more files then just the update...

And yes I live in ConnectiTAX

There must be a hack, or reg edit to get/force this update to come down...

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
A Dell laptop, an Asus netbook and an old desktop all updated automatically, but my main i5 desktop ignored the update. The media creation tool worked perfectly, keeping all my settings and apps!

The same for me - though I used the tool to update my S3 and SP3. Worked out well for both.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
SO, No KB number for this update ? Really ? It would be one of the first Service pack or major update with out one...

And NO, I will not risk losing settings on some OLDER 3rd party NON-8.1 or 10 applications I have installed, Doing a upgrade from 7 to 10 broke them and took HOURS to get them back to where they were. Not going through that again, never mind I dont have the time for it..

Upgrading the OS, is not an option because it replaces more files then just the update...

And yes I live in ConnectiTAX

There must be a hack, or reg edit to get/force this update to come down...

Suit yourself ...

I went to the website, downloaded the setup.exe, ran it to d/l the Windows 10 update, it checked for updates, options for install = keep your files & apps, keep your files, New setup (or something along those lines).

Installed the latest version (10586 / 1511) which is TH2 & my laptop is running very smoothly (better than before). Kept the few apps I'd installed since Win10, kept ALL my files ... simply upgraded the OS. Smooth as silk - took approx. 3 hrs (slow internet connection).

Checked my version after install (RUN >> Winver >> came back with 1511 / 10586)

Took some things on faith, but it worked very well ... perhaps you should check out the link!

Lyndon Sanche

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Is the update from Windows update smaller than the iso? If so, does the media creation tool download the whole iso, or just the November update?

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Is the update from Windows update smaller than the iso? If so, does the media creation tool download the whole iso, or just the November update?

Approx 3.5 GB, it's the full ISO (including the November update) - it'll allow you to create media, should you need to.
That's Y there is NO kb######, looks like a new install, not an update.

It appears to be safe, simply follow the directions (RTFM).

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
W10 Pro 10240 x64 all updates installed, but 1511 doesn't show up. Two Home machines have succesfully upgraded already in the family.

How long have you been running the public W10 release? MS website says ya gotta have been running it for more than 31 days, otherwise it won't show up...fyi

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
How long have you been running the public W10 release? MS website says ya gotta have been running it for more than 31 days, otherwise it won't show up...fyi

VERY GOOD (you read the website, I'd have dogged you IF you didn't), you are correct (& that was my situation)

The upgrade attempted to install, then errored off ...
That's WHY I went to the Win10 website & upgraded that way.
Truth be told, I'm very glad I did, it manages memory / resources better.

Jeff, have a little faith, we're here to help each other

Lyndon Sanche

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Approx 3.5 GB, it's the full ISO (including the November update) - it'll allow you to create media, should you need to.
That's Y there is NO kb######, looks like a new install, not an update.

It appears to be safe, simply follow the directions (RTFM).

So even if I go through Windows update it'll still download 3.5 gigs?

Jim_MAY

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fsoftware-download%2Fwindows10&token=Xlgm-w-t

Scroll to bottom of web page click on, "Download Tool Now". Run the file then choose, "Update This PC". Same process as if you were using Windows Update.

Update only took about 35 minutes for me.

Jim_MAY

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

One of my PC not received the November update yet via Windows Update.
I tried the Media Creation Tool (update your pc) to force this Fall Update and the upgrade stalled at 15%...
This "Media Creation Tool Update" is far from the same as Windows Update. I was in a black screen with a big Circle which show the install progress (like when we install a fresh windows).

Forced to reboot and the system auto-restored my system back.
I confirm i don't have the November update for this computer after this restore.

In Windows Update mode, the update is applied in Windows (in background) and was successful.

Then...
It's false to say there is "NO difference"...
There is a difference in HOW its updated and there is a difference on the RESULT.

In my case, i will wait to get it with Windows Update which worked great for my other computer.

One of my older PC's stalled on 15% for about 50 minutes but it finally started moving along.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb