11-16-2015 10:20 AM
47 12
tools
    W10 Pro 10240 x64 all updates installed, but 1511 doesn't show up. Two Home machines have succesfully upgraded already in the family.
    11-12-2015 11:04 AM
    Each computer will get its own schedule. Computers in the same house could be days apart on getting the update, just like the original Windows 10 roll-out. This is a major update that will tax the servers, so Microsoft has staged it to gradually roll out over several days.
    Each computer will get its own schedule. Computers in the same house could be days apart on getting the update, just like the original Windows 10 roll-out. This is a major update that will tax the servers, so Microsoft has staged it to gradually roll out over several days.
    11-12-2015 11:56 AM
    I'm not so sure that's the case. Do you have a link verifying that? I have a monster desktop that updated and I was performing the update on my SP3 at the same time. Well the SP3 said the update "failed" and now after I go back in it says its "up-to-date"... Why would it show, fail, then refuse to find the update to install again? A buddy of mine is seeing the same behavior on his SP3.
    11-12-2015 02:29 PM
    same on my laptop '... said the update "failed" and now after I go back in it says its "up-to-date"... '

dunno what's going on.
    11-12-2015 02:37 PM
    One of the computers in my house updated, but I have two more that have not. Not sure why they aren't able to pull the update from the other computer like my update setting says it should.
    neurot likes this.
    11-12-2015 02:40 PM
    same on my laptop '... said the update "failed" and now after I go back in it says its "up-to-date"... '

dunno what's going on.
    Same happened to me! Anyone any suggestions?
    11-12-2015 03:31 PM
    Same happened to me! Anyone any suggestions?
    Same here... We just have to wait I guess...
    11-12-2015 04:08 PM
    It says here that if you uninstalled the November Update from your computer, which is probably what it did when it failed, then you won't be able to access the update from windows update. Go to the Microsoft software download website and press upgrade now. Before you do this, however, check to make sure that you don't have the latest version by pressing WIN+R, then type in 'winver' without quotes. If the build number listed is "1511" then you are already upgraded. Hope this helps.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    11-12-2015 04:18 PM
    It says here that if you uninstalled the November Update from your computer, which is probably what it did when it failed, then you won't be able to access the update from windows update. Go to the Microsoft software download website and press upgrade now. Before you do this, however, check to make sure that you don't have the latest version by pressing WIN+R, then type in 'winver' without quotes. If the build number listed is "1511" then you are already upgraded. Hope this helps.
    So we have to download que .iso file and update manually? Sorry if I didn't understand your post sir.
    11-12-2015 04:25 PM
    I just decided to do a system restore and it worked fine then. ??
    11-12-2015 05:11 PM
    No offense, but do you have a citation for the above statement? This is the first I've heard of this.
    11-12-2015 05:18 PM
    I wasn't seeing the update, so I downloaded the new media creation tool and did an in-place upgrade with that. Worked like a charm.
    Ryujingt3 and Infamy79 like this.
    11-12-2015 05:33 PM
    I wasn't able to post any links because I don't have over 10 posted comments. I was going to point to the Microsoft windows ten update page. From what I read on the November update page, if you cancel the update it will not show up in windows update. Downloading and installing the iso would probably work, but it is probably best to wait until the problem is fixed.
    11-12-2015 05:37 PM
    I just decided to do a system restore and it worked fine then. ??
    Like I said system restore worked perfectly for me.
    11-12-2015 05:38 PM
    What about for those of us without system restore turned on...Hopefully the media creation tool isn't the only solution. They're should be another way to force the update through.
    11-12-2015 06:24 PM
    What about for those of us without system restore turned on...Hopefully the media creation tool isn't the only solution. They're should be another way to force the update through.
    Never thought of that!
    11-12-2015 06:25 PM
    No offense, but do you have a citation for the above statement? This is the first I've heard of this.
    It's the same method of staggered roll-out for the original W10 deployment. This time, they are trying to update everyone who upgraded in the first 10 weeks, but within a few days.

If you scroll through the full twitter feed at https://twitter.com/GabeAul/status/664809352516075521 you will see where Gabe states "We will be rolling it out in stages. You can wait for it to install automatically or get the ISO here", and in another place, "Geo, edition, and languages are all variables so cannot state a precise time. WU is really the background option." Also, he states, "We're focused on the broad delivery of 10586 to customers right now, it will be a few more days before a mobile build" and also "same teams and infrastructure involved in both and need to focus for a few days. Thanks for patience."

Put it all together. It fits. If you look back to when 10240 first rolled out, he states that the updates can go to one computer in a house one day, and the next computer on a different day. It matters not that they are in the same house, but how they end up in the Microsoft queue for it. It makes sense that they haven't changed how the servers work.

I hope I have explained myself a bit more adequately this time around. Sorry I didn't post a link for citation before. It's been a rather busy day, and I may have taken a shortcut. Sorry.
    11-12-2015 06:40 PM
    That makes sense, thanks rhapdog.
    11-12-2015 07:24 PM
    Have 2 laptops here, did one with the Media Creation Tool and the other with Windows Update. Both updated exactly the same.

If you can't get the update automatically use Media Creation Tool. Start tool then select, "Update this PC".
    11-12-2015 08:50 PM
    11-13-2015 06:59 AM
    YES, that worked very well, last nite - have TH2 on my laptop, currently.

IF, you had a bork'd install or haven't gotten the update, yet ...
    go to the referenced link to install the update (w files saved, files & apps saved, or clean install)
    11-13-2015 07:10 AM
    What is the KB number for this update ? IS it possable to manually download the update and install it like 99.9% of all Windows updates ?

I am another one, who is on RTM 10240 and No updates...Checked 4-5 times yesterday and checked this mornign around 5am EST (so if US is the problem in volume, it's lower at that time) still nothing...I am still on 10240

Downloading an ISO and upgrading/re-installing will break too much (3rd party, non 8/10 apps)... So that is NOT an option here.
    rodrigobarg likes this.
    11-13-2015 07:47 AM
    Have 2 laptops here, did one with the Media Creation Tool and the other with Windows Update. Both updated exactly the same.

If you can't get the update automatically use Media Creation Tool. Start tool then select, "Update this PC".
    What is the KB number for this update ? IS it possable to manually download the update and install it like 99.9% of all Windows updates ?

I am another one, who is on RTM 10240 and No updates...Checked 4-5 times yesterday and checked this mornign around 5am EST (so if US is the problem in volume, it's lower at that time) still nothing...I am still on 10240

Downloading an ISO and upgrading/re-installing will break too much (3rd party, non 8/10 apps)... So that is NOT an option here.
    Okay, David in Connecticut (at least that's how I read your name), downloading the ISO will NOT break anything. Look at the first quote in this post from Jim_MAY. He did 2 upgrades, both updated exactly the same, one was with the Media Creation Tool (The ISO), and the other through the Windows Update.

There is NO diffference, as Microsoft has set up the ISO to know you're already on 10 if you already have it, and it will only give you the updates needed.

I know there is some fear when using a full Windows setup, but this one is safe. Just select "upgrade" and you'll be just fine.
    11-13-2015 08:58 AM
    Hi,

One of my PC not received the November update yet via Windows Update.
    I tried the Media Creation Tool (update your pc) to force this Fall Update and the upgrade stalled at 15%...
    This "Media Creation Tool Update" is far from the same as Windows Update. I was in a black screen with a big Circle which show the install progress (like when we install a fresh windows).

Forced to reboot and the system auto-restored my system back.
    I confirm i don't have the November update for this computer after this restore.

In Windows Update mode, the update is applied in Windows (in background) and was successful.

Then...
    It's false to say there is "NO difference"...
    There is a difference in HOW its updated and there is a difference on the RESULT.

In my case, i will wait to get it with Windows Update which worked great for my other computer.
    11-13-2015 09:12 AM
    I have the same problems. Both Windows 10 Home computers updated with no problem (somewhat), My main Windows 10 Pro Desktop cannot find the update. The only thing I can figure is the Pro version is a few days behind on the release date. I have done all other updates, checked all the settings, and its been past the 31 days for the Windows.old to clear out.
    11-13-2015 09:28 AM
47 12