Still Waiting For Windows 10 Free Upgrade.

Bagzton

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if anyone has this same problem. The first major update to Windows 10 was released today but I'm yet to get Windows 10 downloaded to my HP Notebook even after I made the reservation 2 months before July 29th. On the 9th of September it showed up among other updates in the Windows Update but failed to download (with an error code I can't reach to at this moment) and ever since, it hasn't showed up again. I'm hoping anyone here would assist me in getting it to download.

Bagzton

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Will Windows 10 still be activated if I use Media Creation Tool? And how about doing a clean install of 10 afterwards cos I also want to get rid of bloatware.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Yes, use the tool to create an ISO, which you can burn to DVD, or USB stick. Mount it and run setup to upgrade, or boot from it to install fresh. Or upgrade and use the reset function to install fresh. Either way you should still be activated. If not, you can use your previous 7/8/8.1 key.

BluWarrior

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Yes, it will still he activated, I used this on a PC I haven't updated since 2012/13 and it worked beautifully. To do a clean install after you can either install from a disk or go into settings, update and security, recovery, and then click reset this PC. As long as you have upgraded not clean installed to 10 you are fine to do whatever. Because windows 10 activates based on hardware. If you do install clean from disk (make sure you've upgraded to 10 and given it time to activate after upgrading!!) when it asks for product key, click skip, them after the PC is set up go to settings, update and security, activation, and it should say it is activated. However if something should perhaps go wrong make sure to do a full system backup before starting any of this

Update: When you open the media creation tool, don't actually create media just click upgrade this PC now. The media creation would only be for clean installing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo