Boot Up Much Slower After November Update

neurot

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
Do a complete shutdown. To my knowledge if you just do reboot it doesn't enable fastboot, if you have fastboot enabled that is :)

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Found out that the upgrade process leads to corrupted graphics driver, which is the main cause of slow boot. Reinstalling the graphics driver dramatically improved performance. Also the storage driver needs reinstallation as well. I just reinstalled all drivers just in case but after I done that, system much faster than 10240

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Found out that the upgrade process leads to corrupted graphics driver, which is the main cause of slow boot. Reinstalling the graphics driver dramatically improved performance. Also the storage driver needs reinstallation as well. I just reinstalled all drivers just in case but after I done that, system much faster than 10240

Do you think this is something that will be ironed out (corrupted drivers) in subsequent updates or are we all left to figure it out on our own?

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
^I hope so. The Windows 10 upgrade process is the most unstable software change I've ever encountered. The only reason I found out it was graphics driver is because of the way the boot screen blacks out, then reappear. Pure luck

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
^I hope so. The Windows 10 upgrade process is the most unstable software change I've ever encountered. The only reason I found out it was graphics driver is because of the way the boot screen blacks out, then reappear. Pure luck

I have trackpad issues (again). It happened to me with the original public release if W10 a few months ago. Took another update by MS sent about 2-3 weeks later to fix it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12