I really want to like Edge, but...

vincentwansink

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I was so hopeful that after today's Fall update I could finally make Edge my daily browser, but inexplicably some basic functionality is still missing.

I'm talking specifically about managing favourites on the favourites bar.

• I still can't drag the current URL onto the favourites bar
  • I still can't right click on the favourites bar to create a new folder
  • I still can't right click on a favourite on the favourites bar to rename it
  • I still can't right click on a favourite inside a folder on the favourites bar

So if I want to do any of these things with the favourites bar, how do I do it?

1. Click on the favourites star in the address bar? Nope.
  2. Go to Settings and click on Favorites Settings? Nope.
  3. Click on this seemingly random icon with three lines? Yep!

So apparently that random icon takes you to the "Hub" where you can do various things, including manage your favourites in your favourites bar. Do they not want to make it easy for me to manage my favourites? Or is this the best they could come up with?

EDIT: you know what else I chouldn't do in Edge? I couldn't even edit this bloody post. As soon as I tried to edit it my entire computer froze up and I had to do a hard reboot. I'm now editing it in Chrome.

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Maybe I can add my own reasons for why I still use mozilla alongside edge

I can't drag and drop files onto onedrive.com in edge browser
URL bar sometimes is missing when you start up edge.
Website prediction is very slow unlike in firefox. I can start typing facebook in firefox and by the second letter, it already has given me a suggestion for facebook
Scrolling happens some of the time, sometimes you have to click the page and scroll again
Some pages seem to open but show a blank white page. You have to refresh the page and then it might open

Peter McNeill1

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I tried website prediction, by the time I typed the "a" in facebook it was at the top of the bing page. Haven't had a blank page yet. Never had the URL bar missing.. yet. Ok, can't drag n drop to the onedrive icon in the browser but can when onedrive is open in edge. But it's the lack of extensions/add-ons that stop me from using it all the time.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I tried website prediction, by the time I typed the "a" in facebook it was at the top of the bing page. Haven't had a blank page yet. Never had the URL bar missing.. yet. Ok, can't drag n drop to the onedrive icon in the browser but can when onedrive is open in edge. But it's the lack of extensions/add-ons that stop me from using it all the time.

Not in search results but in the url bar. That's what I meant about the prediction. I think I'll try getting a screen cast

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077