Differences of upgrading to Win10 from clean Win7 and Win81?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Differences of upgrading to Win10 from clean Win7 and Win81

Hi,
I was wondering if there were any differences when upgrading to W10 from a clean install of Win7 in comparison to upgrading from W8.1. I've heard that 8.1 is 'more like 10, so it's better to upgrade from it" but I'm looking for a real reason to buy 8.1 instead of cheaper 7 to upgrade.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Differences of upgrading to Win10 from clean Win7 and Win81

The upgrade process will give you everything you need, and will go no better or worse between those two eligible Operating Systems. In the end, you'll end up with Windows 10 with all the exact same features and functionality with no difference in how you upgraded.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Differences of upgrading to Win10 from clean Win7 and Win81

IMHO a clean install is always best.

This go around I upgraded in place as the computer I was on had only been in use for less than 2 weeks so I didn't feel it was "gunked up."

For your scenario, since you are upgrading from a clean install of 7 it would be the same as from a clean install of 8.1.

But why not do a clean install of 10 and cut out the middleman?

If you need to add additional information or want to post additional questions, please join the site so you can see the reply button and continue the conversation in the same thread you originally made.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre