How do I revert back from W10M build 10581?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My phone (Lumia 1520) has gotten progressively worse on this build. After several hard and soft resets, I still don't have the functionality I had in the previous builds. The phone won't connect via USB to my laptop through Windows Phone Tool or the Device Recovery Tool software. What steps can I take to get my phone back to a useable version?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Have a look through the usb entries, you will see one them change it may show NokiaUSB or WinUSB etc.

Also try another port, it may be a good port as you say however sometimes a device won't work in a port whereas everything else will.

For instance on my laptop I have 4 ports, on one port if I plug in my x1 controller the analogue stick functions if it stuck to the left, the port below that is fine. Everything else works fine, except my usb mouse which works fine in the adjacent port... :grincry:

Never the less if nothing changes at all in the usb section, charge the phone for an hr or so (safe bet is to ensure it is full charged).

Hold the volume down and power button to soft reboot.

Once it vibrates hold the volume up button, until you see the nokia logo appear ontop and hold until you see a red screen.

It may take a few attempts.

1. Open the windows device recovery software
  2. Choose my device was not detected
  3. Then plug your phone into your laptop
  4. It should recognize and begin the process
  5. Do not leave the phone alone whilst it's flashing in the event an error message flashes on screen etc. In the event any thing happens and you get stuck in the bootloader, do not let it run out of charge.

Lastly, always use the nokia supplied usb cable as that is a factory cable. Generally speaking all usb cables supplied with phones are usually factory cables.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786