Windows 10 Fall Update Finally worked on my laptop

travelplus

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
I was having problems with my update stuck at "Preparing for Updates" What I did was unplug my Wireless USB Adapter and it proceeded through the update and install process. So what it seems like is to remove all pheripials from your USB ports such as printers,adapters, SD Cards as apparently Windows is updating and installing new drivers. So before you start the process of updating make sure that anything is connected to a USB port is removed.

The way I tested this out is when my WiFi Adapter was plugged in the "Preparing to Install" stalled when I removed it the progress went just fine and then I restarted my computer and then it started with the update process. First it copied the files, then installed features and drivers and finally configured my settings. There were a few restarts in the process. Then after it was done I got a screen with a message not to turn off the PC along with a few messages.

I hope this helps.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I was having problems with my update stuck at "Preparing for Updates" What I did was unplug my Wireless USB Adapter and it proceeded through the update and install process. So what it seems like is to remove all pheripials from your USB ports such as printers,adapters, SD Cards as apparently Windows is updating and installing new drivers. So before you start the process of updating make sure that anything is connected to a USB port is removed.

The way I tested this out is when my WiFi Adapter was plugged in the "Preparing to Install" stalled when I removed it the progress went just fine and then I restarted my computer and then it started with the update process. First it copied the files, then installed features and drivers and finally configured my settings. There were a few restarts in the process. Then after it was done I got a screen with a message not to turn off the PC along with a few messages.

I hope this helps.

Interesting.. Was having issues with my gf's laptop, so Iwasjust going to download the iso and install manually, but now that you mention it.. I did connect her Bluetooth mouse. Her laptop doesn't have bluetooth built in so have to use an adapter.. Will try removing it tomorrow and checking :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss