Can we do clean Install to W10 November Update from W8.1 without upgrading system to W10 before?

KK SARMA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
In August, when Windows 10 was released, it was said that we need to upgrade to Windows 10 and activate our Windows 8.1 key to windows 10 before we perform a clean install. Now that the November update is released, I checked Microsoft website again where we download MEDIA CREATION TOOL, I saw something like this:

Capture.JPG

Is that mean that we can do clean Install directly from W8.1 to W10 without prior upgrading system to W10 and activating our W8.1 key?

please help me... I didn't upgrade to W10 yet because SONY said that it was testing Drivers for W10, but now I want to Install W10 anyway, but I want to clean Install because my system going messy and slow

Kyle Stilkey

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You have to take the upgrade to Windows 10 before you can just do a clean install. I'm not sure if the upgrade process upgrades straight to the new build or if it goes to the first release then the November build. What I would do is upgrade and if it goes to the first release, just then at that point download the latest version from Microsoft's website and do a clean install to that as you can do that since you acquired the free update.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
yes, now on Windows 10 you can use your Windows 8 key to activate Windows 10, not like before when you had to activated first to make the upgrade valid and all.
Insiders tested that and many blogs like Windows Central reported it, that's one of the new changes to Windows 10 the way activation works.
and since Media Creation Tool was updated to install TH2 by default, you shouldn't have problems getting TH2 and then use your current windows 8 key on 10.

Kyle Stilkey

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
yes, now on Windows 10 you can use your Windows 8 key to activate Windows 10, not like before when you had to activated first to make the upgrade valid and all.
Insiders tested that and many blogs like Windows Central reported it, that's one of the new changes to Windows 10 the way activation works.
and since Media Creation Tool was updated to install TH2 by default, you shouldn't have problems getting TH2 and then use your current windows 8 key on 10.

That's correct, I didn't hear anything more on this feature because they said they were testing it but never said if it stayed or went away. Glad they kept it in as it makes upgrading much easier!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa