Did the November Update mess up your Windows 10 settings?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have updated my Dell Optiplex desktop to the Windows 10 November update today. I thought it would be like any other update and won't impact my applications and settings. WRONG. The update completely messed up Windows 10 settings.

I have vision problem. So I usually make quite a few tweaks to increase the text size and icon size at many places in my PC. It took me hours to tweak everything to my liking when I upgraded to Windows 10 couple of months. After today's update, everything is messed up and completely back to default. All the settings I am talking about Windows 10 system, not some third party applications. So, either Microsoft does bad testing or they are incapable of making good software. When they say the update will not affect the settings and files,how can I trust them going forward?

Is there anyway to restore the Display Settings (Text size, Icon Size etc) after completing the update?

Thanks

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I had some bobbles... Think I'm sorted out now.

If you need to add additional information or want to post additional questions, please join the site so you can see the reply button and continue the conversation in the same thread you originally made.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I've checked many times for the Fall upgrade and nothing as yet. I have the last update and thought I would have seen the Fall update by now. I tried the new MS upgrade tool but the only option it gives me is a new Win 10 install and not just the Fall update. Oh Well!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo