Why doesn't the wake from Sleep function work after Windows 10 update?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My wireless HP keyboard Sleep function used to work perfectly before Windows 10 install. Simply used to hit the Sleep button to close down, and then again to reactivate the computer. Since installing Windows 10 it works to shut down, but does not reawaken the system. Very annoying - I don't want to have to open my laptop and hit the Power button every time, please advise how to resolve.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
At this time, the best thing I can suggest is to report the issue via Windows Feedback to make sure that Microsoft is aware of the issue. There are others reporting this issue on the Surface Pro 3, so this is not an isolated incident.

Also see, http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/394133-wont-wake-up-after-sleep.html

There are more threads as well, but just to let you know you aren't alone. It's not a solution, but reporting to Microsoft will help lead to a solution faster.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Try checking your power options:

1) Control Panel >> Power Options >> Choose what the power button does >> When I press the power button >> On battery = "Sleep" & Plugged in = "Sleep"
2) Shutdown settings >> Turn on fast startup (recommended) = checked

If not, then reset it from under the same screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99