IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - what does this error and how do I solve it?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - what does mean this error and how to solve problem

win10 builds 10856 suddenly reloads many times and give me various messages about errors IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, then another time video_shedullar_internal_errors, 3-d Prodess_initualisation_failed, 4- 0x000021a, 5 - critical_process_died_ 6 - system_process_misuse. How can I solved all these problems. Thank you very much for Your work. Nikolai Skorokhodov. Russia

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - what does mean this error and how to solve problem

Can you please join and provide the more information on what you were you trying to update (Presuming you were trying to install TH2 / Fall Update) i.e desktop, tablet, all in one, laptop etc

ablubeti

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
Upgrade to Windows 10 yesterday, from Windows 7 Pro. After a couple of hours of usage, I started getting BSODs, more specifically IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

I decided to reset the system, but the same problem keeps occurring. I'm thinking it's a windows issue, but I am not sure.

These BSODs were also occurring when I used the Windows 10 technical preview builds. I reverted back to Windows 7, and the PC ran BSOD-free.

I can barely get anything done before the BSOD occurs.

So, what's the problem ?:unhappysweat:

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like a bad driver to me. You might want to check with the manufacturer for Win10 compatible drivers. From what you posted you should look for an updated video driver. Good luck.

DrPuppy

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I'll get that error occasionally from doing something stupid i.e unplugging power to a USB device instead of turning it off, resulting in a lack of communication and BAM, a BSOD with the IRQ error above. A lot of the time, at least for me, it's a result of USB issues.
Try unplugging things one by one and seeing which ones trigger it (if they are, that is).
If that doesn't work, (after trying the stuff suggested above too), try to boot in safe mode and go to the Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> System and look for any clues as to what could've gone wrong.
Also could be anti-virus software. So there are lots of things you're just going to have to go through.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos