STILL no gapless playback!

johnny4x

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
wow, with great anticipation I updated Win10 to latest version. Took hrs to do but hey, I thought will be worth it. Then, Groove music... still no gapless playback!! Come on - its the 21st century!!

Just sayin'

:angry:

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
wow, with great anticipation I updated Win10 to latest version. Took hrs to do but hey, I thought will be worth it. Then, Groove music... still no gapless playback!! Come on - its the 21st century!!

Just sayin'

Um..don't know what you are talking about...apparently something went wrong in your case. Gapless playback works fine for me on both desktop and mobile.

Maybe you should try to do clean install.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem once. Turns out, the program I used to rip songs from a CD added a 2 second pause at the end of every track, and I had to use an audio editor to remove the "silence" at the end of the tracks.

Make sure the tracks you are playing don't have silence added to the end or beginning. May not be the case here, but is worth a shot at checking. That drove me nuts for a while until I figured it out.

johnny4x

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
wow - thanks for reply's guys - I will look into this, all the music I am paying was ripped from my CD's using Media Player - I'll try a few new rips and report back!

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Actually the quickest way to check if there is no extra gap, is to play the songs in the old Media Player. If it plays gapless there, it should be gapless everywhere (or that's what I've noticed).

I too ran into Grove desktop not playing gapless properly, even with the latest version. I just wiped an old SP1 and did a fresh install of W10th2, but haven't had a chance to check to see if it's fixed (life has been busy).

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

Just sayin'

Only Groove Music on W10M was updated with gapless playback as far as I know, it's been marked as solved on the uservoice so I'd expect that to come across to Windows 10 soon

johnny4x

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
yup - this is what I find, Media Player works fine with gapless, but Groove not there yet. Also, don't have Win10 on my mobile - I'm waiting for public release... so looks like still waiting!!

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Yep, I finally verified that Groove Music for W10D(esktop) does NOT support gapless playback, yet. I have several of albums from various artists that need to have gapless playback to sound right, and none of them sound right in Groove for desktop. Good old Media Player plays them properly, but not Groove.

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Yep, I finally verified that Groove Music for W10D(esktop) does NOT support gapless playback, yet. I have several of albums from various artists that need to have gapless playback to sound right, and none of them sound right in Groove for desktop. Good old Media Player plays them properly, but not Groove.

What are you guys talking about? Gapless playback in Groove music desktop app works fine for me! Did you updated it to latest version? Did you got November update for Windows 10? Check those and inform me!

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
What are you guys talking about? Gapless playback in Groove music desktop app works fine for me! Did you updated it to latest version? Did you got November update for Windows 10? Check those and inform me!

Yes, and Yes.

I have the November update (I got the ISO download as soon as it was available, and did a fresh install. Version 1511. OS Build 10586.11), I have made sure that Groove was current (ver 3.6.1513.0). But no gapless playback for me. :unhappy:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa