Is the Microsoft Wireless Network Adapter worth it?

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Don't have both I'm afraid. Tested out the adapter though and it works great - played Spartan Strike on it and if there was a lag it was barely noticeable. Played Super House of Dead Ninjas and it froze up a bit every now and then but it did that on the tablet too - so would need to test it without the adapter projecting the display to know if it was affecting it or not.
May I ask which adaptor you tested? The rectangular adaptor or the circular adaptor?

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Rectangular.
Thank you, that is good to know.
I wish we could have some input from people who have experienced the round one and give insights to compare and contrast. The round one, Microsoft HD-10 Miracast Adaptor, has the feature to use NFC to make the connections.

Last edited:

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Bought two Microsoft Wireless Display Adaptor at BestBuy. Used on Lumia 950 XL and Surface Pro 3. Very slight delay but works great. On Lumia 950 XL, I can use it with Continuum. Waiting for my Bluetooth keyboard to come in. The screen on the Lumia 950 XL acts as a mouse.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Anyone using a surface3 with windows 10 insider and Microsoft wireless adapter? I'm not getting much success after trying to connect. TV goes back to ready to connect, surface3 stays black.

Works fine with my sp3 win8.1 and 950xl

Last edited:

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
I've tried an Alienware 18 and Acer As 8950G and when I hit connect they don't see the adapter but see a computer in the other room. It shows on the TV but I can never connect. I was able to connect Surface Book it takes 2 or 3 at least times to connect. I also have to reconnect it everytime I use it it doesn't auto connect eventhough it shows as a device. When I click the device the delete option comes up and I have to try to connect again. Which like I said doesn't ever work the first time. So i purchased the MS Micro Display port to HDMI adapter.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
The Microsoft Store in Bloomington MN (suburb of Minneapolis / St. Paul) has both the Microsoft HD-10 Miracast Adaptor (circular) and the Microsoft Wireless Display Adaptor (rectangular) in stock last Saturday.

I asked, to confirm if the Lumia 822 would work? They had a Microsoft Wireless Display Adaptor (rectangular) in the back of the store and offered to give it a try. The Lumia 822 didn't see the adaptor. The 822 must not have the necessary components.

Just for your information.
Best wishes.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss