WAY slower boot times in November update (10586.3)

Hutzi

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
I am experiencing significant boot time drops since updating a few days ago. I couldn't wait for Windows update so I upgraded through the media creation tool. Excluding the BIOS time my PC with a 840 Evo installed takes 40s instead of the former 20-22s!!!! What has your experience on boot time performance been since the November update guys?
Cheers

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
re:

Well upgrades usually slow most devices, and this is not applicable to Microsoft devices only. It may be due to various reasons but the culprit is always the software and lack of proper drivers. It could also be some startup process not working as intended. Usually a hard reset should fix it.

Hutzi

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
re:

Well, I'm definitely not doing a hard reset on my gaming rig. It's so weird because of maybe 10 boots, 1 boot is normal. I've tried everything possible to find out what is different in these special boots but no chance... The thing is in the whole boot process the only thing that is different is the "welcome" screen. It used to be that I didn't even see that screen. Now it at least takes 15s or so.... Ahhhh. Annoying.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Ehh I would hate to do that on my gaming machine too but it helps in the long run. Besides I can't afford to lose any performance on my aging GTX670M.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss