Pros, cons and how to reset laptop running windows 10 10586

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I've been using windows mobile 10 for a while now and one the things I've done a few times is hard reset the phone.

Now I know this feature exists for laptops. I want to try it but only when I'm sure on how it works and what will happen

So some of my questions

What goes missing when you hard reset? Obviously my data disappears such as photos and documents. But what else?
I'm using Kaspersky Anti virus, after hard reset I'll have to reinstall it but will it detect that I had the license?
Will hard reset keep the latest windows 10 or will it downgrade to the original windows 8?
After hard reset, what are the recommended steps in restoring data and applications? What do I start with first?
Like in windows phones, can settings and layouts be backed up and restored?
How about browser history and bookmarks in mozilla? Can I restore that?
What happens to my office? I have installed office 2016. Will I have to have the license key with me or will it automatically detect?

Hope to get some replies soon

Thank you

Chintan

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Moved to appropriate area...

Windows 10 How-To Guides is for write ups of prepackaged solutions... Not for leading questions on issues not yet resolved.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
When you reset, you get the option to make like a clean Windows install, or you can decide you want to keep files. which means you don't have to move that. but either way, win32 apps will have to be reinstalled. the files and all will be restored where they were, if not, I am sure you will have Windows.old folder to recover any file you need. so it's like clean installing but windows will move files to make stuff easier for you.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
When you reset, you get the option to make like a clean Windows install, or you can decide you want to keep files. which means you don't have to move that. but either way, win32 apps will have to be reinstalled. the files and all will be restored where they were, if not, I am sure you will have Windows.old folder to recover any file you need. so it's like clean installing but windows will move files to make stuff easier for you.

What do you mean by win32 apps?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk