Windows 10 slower than Windows 7?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 10 slower than Windows 7

it takes 43 seconds to change a folders name.
23 seconds to add a new folder.
and if i dare to copy from one folder and past it to another ..... then it crashes.

I want my fast computer back with windows 7pro not this pathetic windows 10!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re: Windows 10 slower than Windows 7

create an account and keep talking. details!

Your situation is not normal, so let us try to help rather than just complaining.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
re: Windows 10 slower than Windows 7

Your experience deviates from mine in Windows 10 - in fact, my Windows 10 Pro is a lot faster than my Windows 7 Ultimate (same machine).

You may create a Windows Central account to respond in this thread and provide additional information.

Fantasy3D

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 slower than Windows 7

I have made an account!
I am back on my dear old laptop that never (thank god) got upgraded to windows 10.

My computer that does have windows 10 (from 7 pro) is now unusable! it has showed me the blue screen of death 4 times now (although a bit jazzier blue screen i must admit) and the last one, not 5 mins ago seems to have put the boot in!
I'm going to force it down and reoot but, it will be just as bad as before and this is one of the best work stations i have ever owned .... but thanks to windows 10, it looks like its all down hill from here.

Oh, and it crashed with a APC_INDEX_MISMATCH as the error, any ideas?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 slower than Windows 7

If it were me, I would try this first:

Sometimes, especially after an upgrade or other damage some files might go south resulting in bad things. It once was a twilight/day difference on an older laptop of mine.

Solved SFC or DISM - Which to Run First?
The thing in the first post. I know OPs asking for advice, but what he posted is what I would do.

Run the commands in Command Prompt (as administrator)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3