Windows 10 Camera Missing Features from 8.1

Elitewolf

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Burst mode and touch screen to shoot are missing from what used to the Microsoft Camera app in windows 8.1. I'm running the latest Windows 10 Mobile build on a 640. Anyone know if they're coming back or gone forever?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
They're in a sort of twilight zone.

You can do burst photos if you hold the camera button I believe, but I don't know if it applies to devices without a hardware camera key.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
they are gone until stated otherwise, and don't expect anyone official to say anything or clear any doubts about it

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Is there no rich capture? - just loaded W10 preview on my 930 this morning.

Also, when a shot it taken, i can't see it from the preview top right. Shows the pics, slightly greyed out, can't select it to look at/edit.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Donny

Updated now, and the Rich Capture is there. Won't let me edit a pic taken though!! Says 'choose the best lighting' - but nothing happens!!

This bug is well known around the forums. Uninstall Lumia Moments and try again. This fixes 90% of the issues. If that doesn't do it, and you have Lumia Camera installed, then uninstall Lumia Camera. There is an issue between these discontinued apps and the Photos plug-in that controls the editing for "choose the best lighting."

Hope that helps. Let us know.

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
That did the trick mate, thanks! Not called Lumia moments anymore so struggled to find it. Went back to the pic and it took me to the new microsoft version in the store.

renuzaki

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Thanks but... how can we do it on W10M? Lumia Camera won't be available :(

haha a longer route than perhaps which works (I tested!)
  1. use device recovery tool to go wp8.1
  2. update everything.
  3. than to lumia denim
  4. update everything again!
  5. than install insider and upgrade to W10M.
  6. you'll have lumia camera (obviously you shouldn't hard reset after upgrading to retain wp8.1 apps)

p.s. some wp 8.1 apps vanish regardless. don't update lumia camera 'coz after updating it redirects you to "camera"

dolciii

May 21, 2016
Visit site
FIX!!! lumia 930 - TL;DR: uninstall "lumia moments" from storage and reinstall it from store library - FIX!!!

How to: 1.open "Storage" app ->tap "this device"-> tap "apps & games" -> lumia moments "uninstall" 2. go to "store"-> my library -> tap "show all" at apps -> find&tap "lumia moments" -> download&install 3. lumia moments works again from your phone app menu.. including action shot, motion blur, best frame

LONG VERSION: I got pissed when I noticed that there was no action shot option after updating to win10m. Every "solution" was mentoning "lumia moments" or "photos add-ins" apps, but I couldn't see any of them on my phone. I checked my library on win store and it said that "lumia moments" was installed. I could tap "open" but it just told me that it is now a part of plug-in for the new "camera" or "photos" app. So I wanted to delete this plug-in...that is why I checked my phone trough "storage" and there it was - "lumia moments" installed as a separate app. I uninstalled it and checked the store library again. This time it said I own it but I had an option to install it. I did that and now I have lumia moments back as a separate app with full functions!

Hope this helps!

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
FIX!!! lumia 930 - TL;DR: uninstall "lumia moments" from storage and reinstall it from store library - FIX!!!

How to: 1.open "Storage" app ->tap "this device"-> tap "apps & games" -> lumia moments "uninstall" 2. go to "store"-> my library -> tap "show all" at apps -> find&tap "lumia moments" -> download&install 3. lumia moments works again from your phone app menu.. including action shot, motion blur, best frame

LONG VERSION: I got pissed when I noticed that there was no action shot option after updating to win10m. Every "solution" was mentoning "lumia moments" or "photos add-ins" apps, but I couldn't see any of them on my phone. I checked my library on win store and it said that "lumia moments" was installed. I could tap "open" but it just told me that it is now a part of plug-in for the new "camera" or "photos" app. So I wanted to delete this plug-in...that is why I checked my phone trough "storage" and there it was - "lumia moments" installed as a separate app. I uninstalled it and checked the store library again. This time it said I own it but I had an option to install it. I did that and now I have lumia moments back as a separate app with full functions!

Hope this helps!

seems this method is no longer working? I am an insider with the latest build. Lumia Moment cant be found in storage apps list. tried installing Lumia Moments it says installed already.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett