Thinking of trying the insider preview

VRocker88

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

For a while now I've been thinking of trying out the Win10 Mobile Insider Preview on my Lumia 920. Would any of you recommend it? This is my daily device but I'm not a heavy user of my phone, it's mainly used for emails and the odd phonecall.

The main thing that my phone is used for is synchronizing my Microsoft Band. I read that this was broken with the insider preview once, is that still the case?

The main reason for wanting to try the preview is to see the new, cool stuff and also to test my Win10 apps on it before submitting to the store.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if the band thing is fixed (I kinda think it is, but don't hold my word for it), but I definitely recommend the Insider Preview now. The latest build is basicly RTM (if the stories are true), so you can chose to get this build now, or get the same build later. It's working great for me.

VRocker88

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Well i did it! It's running so smooth on my 920, sometimes feels smoother than 8.1 (except on the odd occasion and when unlocking...) but things have broken.

Firstly, emails have stopped being pushed to my phone. I have tried setting them from 'Based on my usage' to as items arrive and every 15mins but emails don't show up until i do a manual sync. Anybody else had this issue?

As for the band, it seems to stay connected via Bluetooth fine. Text messages do get pushed to the band but i no longer have a reply option. Cortana also doesn't work yet. Synchronising between the band and the MS Health app does work though so that's good.

Another thing i have noticed is the Glance screen. It used to say the Time along with Saturday, 21 November. Now it just says the Time and Saturday. A friend with a 640 has the full date on his though :/

Yes i realise this i a 'preview' build (even though it's RTM...) so bugs are expected but i thought I'd post here with my findings so far

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb