Screaming and Cortana

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello, does anymore know how Cortana deals with different voice tones/volume. When driving sometimes I have to served a text. My phone is beside me so I have to yell ' Hey Cortana ' and dictate my message. It works about 50% of the time. While at home when quiet works a lot better. Does Cortana learn? Our know of a better way? Btw I send messages rarely when driving and never pick up the phone. Mr. V

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Wasn't there an option to "train" Cortana to respond to your voice? If you "train" her to recognize your voice while you're yelling, then chances are you would get responses for a yell but not under normal speaking tones.

Also, ambient sound levels affect accuracy of recognition and response. Most phones come with a secondary microphone (usually located near the earpiece) that assists in noise-cancelling, but that requires the user to speak near the main mouth piece - otherwise the user's voice would be interpreted as "noise" since the volume in the main mouthpiece will be similar to the volume in the noise-cancelling secondary microphone, and the accuracy of recognition and frequency of response will decrease.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey Cortana worked better for me when I have the primary bottom microphone pointing towards my mouth. The top microphone does a decent job of cancelling background noises.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99