Still nothing in Windows Update

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Stop windows update service and delete

C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore

Check again. if not you should go mediacreationtool. you only download it and tell it to upgrade your computer and that's it, it will download the image and all that.
if not you can get official MSDN windows 10 images leaked and install it that way, by putting your image with Rufus on a usb or burning it to a DVD.

stocktiki

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
It's Nov. 20 and I haven't gotten it yet, either. Hoping this is normal ... and doesn't mean my Windows Update system is corrupted on my system. I know I can "force" the update with the Media Creation disk - but part of me wonders if maybe Microsoft is holding it back due to some sort of issue with a driver on my system or something.

Kind eager to get the update since I have the bug where the Windows Store opens, shows the splash screen and crashes. Another WC user - and Insider - told me the issue has been fixed with the latest build. While I'd love to update - to fix the Store issue - would hate to cause other more severe problems with a system that's otherwise running smoothly.

Running a Dell XPS 8500 with Windows 10 Pro installed back in September or so.

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Sooo.. I am still getting nothing but I was getting an "error" until last night with windows update and I didn't get any updates at all (not even the defender updates) since the 11th. I tried the media creation tool and the ISO but still just got "checking for updates" for 12+ hours each.

So I decided to enroll in the insider preview to try and get the build. So I enrolled in fast and restarted, updates started working again and I got my windows defender updated but no 10586. So I unenrolled but still on 10240.

I used the media creation tool downloaded this morning, and went through the whole update process, restarted computer, it did its thing... still on 10240... so I downloaded the ISO and ran the setup for that, checked for updates, installed, processed, etc... still on 10240..

All of these methods people are saying to "force" it don't seem to work for me... I'm not really sure why. I've been on win 10 since day 1 and I'm not set to "defer updates". my SP4 got it on day 1, but my desktop PC just refuses to get the update (or be given the update idk).

Update: Attempted _Emi_'s approach from above of "net stop wuauserv", delete the DataStore folder, "net start wuauserv" and check for updates again did not provide anything. System is "up to date".

Last edited:

mggm100

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Without explanation, Microsoft has pulled 10586 from the Media Creation Tool.

"The November update was originally available via the MCT (Media Creation Tool), but the company decided that future installs should be through Windows Update. People can still download Windows 10 [Build 10240] using the MCT tool if they wish. The November update will be delivered via Windows Update."

Microsoft pulls the Windows 10 November Update [Updated]

Last edited:

Lee B

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Without explanation, Microsoft has pulled 10586 from the Media Creation Tool.

"The November update was originally available via the MCT (Media Creation Tool), but the company decided that future installs should be through Windows Update. People can still download Windows 10 [Build 10240] using the MCT tool if they wish. The November update will be delivered via Windows Update."

Microsoft pulls the Windows 10 November Update [Updated]

"Wiithout explanation" because a truthful explanation would sound something like:

We have pulled the Fall update because it?s a mess. Scores of users have moaned about failures to install, random crashes, and other bugs. This is to be expected. In more than 30 years of producing operating systems, we have found that the best way to produce a good OS is to put out a bad one first, then learn how to make it better on the basis of user pain and suffering.

nacman30

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Still nothing today 11/28/2015, still says everything is up to date in windows update.

I'm suspecting it's now a problem with either my OS or Hardware.

Terb

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
Was having no luck neither. I just went to Microsoft and was able to download Windows 10 from a link at site.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos