Only NOKIA can save windows phone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Mueller

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
While the basic 950 series is sort of plain, the ability to change the back plate is huge, they should have advertised this ability better. Being able to change the back plate changes the whole look and feel of the phone. But no matter how good this phone could have been, I think the Lumia brand is dead, at least for high end, and I don't think Nokia could have saved them. The only thing that can save Windows in the phone market is a true Surface Phone. Keep all the good stuff from the 950 series, Square the design a little, include a more premium basic back plate, add x86, fingerprint sensor, and pen support, maybe water proofing and windows will start to recover share in the phone space. It won't happen overnight, but it will happen, it is already happening in the Tablet sector since x86 windows tablets became the norm, Windows is winning share from Android and iOS. Additionally, Microsoft needs to 1. work on making Universal windows apps (UWP) into true Universal Apps, i.e. design once and run on Windows UWP, Windows Legacy, iOS, OSX, Android, and Linux. 2. Make a Java and swift interpreter for the .NET CORE CLR. 3. Make Objective C a first class language in Visual Studio (I believe they are already doing this). This makes Visual Studio and Windows the first stop for developers instead of a secondary or tertiary stop. 4. Make a Windows TV, that is designed like a mini Xbox but with out the console game portion. Sell this and the full xbox OS to third parties so that they can integrate them into their TVs or make their own STBs. 5. Work with 3rd party manufactures to bring TIVO like capabilities to the microsoft ecosystem through a new media center and network attached tuners. Make sure this is a cross platform product based on the Universal App design.

Paras Saraswat

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Lumia don't have common apps
ND also Lumia don't have android nd ios apps so they can't be grow up in market.
Then Nokia also can't help ms for that.
Because Nokia gone down in market because of android system nd its apps..
Ps.....,

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Nokia probably should not have allowed one of the worse leaders technology in to run the place.aka Stephen Elop which is why they fired him Sayta didn't like his resume either which is why they cut him a check and sent him on his way.
But the bottom line is, when the smart phone was taking off, MS wasn't exactly enthusiastic about it as they should have been. Then they delivered a cute idea but not a competitor. Microsoft Kin. I still think there is time but to make major inroads, its gonna take an android stumble to spark things and MS will have to be ready.

Last edited:

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Don't expect anyone to "save Windows Phone" as there is no need for that.

Microsoft will do the job here, and I'm sure the future of Windows Mobile is bright.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
IDK if you heard, Jolla is almost insolvent.

Perfect time to buy them and put the engineers back where they belong: at Nokia ;P

That said, I don't think at all Sailfish OS or MeeGo is the way to go for Nokia. The way to go is Android. And within Android, present some truly compelling high end devices (I can see durability, health and camera tech as the main focus). If necessary, I think Nokia could even opt for an invite-system like OnePlus does, by which they see how many people are actually interested in the devices and have them produced only according to the demand (instead of the traditional "let's make an estimate"). It's annoying to get a phone that way? Yes. But I think it's the best way for Nokia to return. Baby steps.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Nokia probably should not have allowed one of the worse leaders technology in to run the place.aka Stephen Elop which is why they fired him Sayta didn't like his resume either which is why they cut him a check and sent him on his way.

We have a saying over here: "Roma n?o paga a traidores" which roughly translates to "Rome doesn't pay to traitors". That's basically what happened if you ask me :p

elindalyne

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Nokia was pretty much bankrupt when Microsoft took over their phone division. The market hasn't responded exceptionally favorably to Nokia's design. They do not need them to save the phones.

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
but only weaks in marketing for overseas Microsoft, windows phone and Lumia would be sucessfull if they take an worldwide ads campaign to every country but just by stay now in the comfort zone and staying in Europe,USA and India will Windows mobile fail not because the OS be bad but the product without ADS just to the people do not exist

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Perfect time to buy them and put the engineers back where they belong: at Nokia ;P

That said, I don't think at all Sailfish OS or MeeGo is the way to go for Nokia. The way to go is Android. And within Android, present some truly compelling high end devices (I can see durability, health and camera tech as the main focus). If necessary, I think Nokia could even opt for an invite-system like OnePlus does, by which they see how many people are actually interested in the devices and have them produced only according to the demand (instead of the traditional "let's make an estimate"). It's annoying to get a phone that way? Yes. But I think it's the best way for Nokia to return. Baby steps.

Yeah, because all of the android manufacturers are getting rich. /s Aside from Samsung, there is no wildly successful android phone. There are too many android phones. Nokia won't get any traction from Android. They will just be back to struggling to get sales. I liked all of my Nokia phones. My N8's camera was really nice. But I have no interest in buying an Android Nokia. I would have more interest if they tried a comeback with Symbian (but I still wouldn't buy one. Nokia has no chance at a big comeback in the cell phone business. None. They need to move on and embrace the business ventures that they have.

Powrna

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
It is better to give back the deal to Nokia.
Nokia will make Android and Windows phones.......
And will be in the top of the list in short time.
Nokia is always greater than MS in mobile sales
Microsoft will stick to the Surface devices...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)