Windows Mobile 10 hotspot (internet sharing) working?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

windows mobile 10 hotspot (internet sharing) working?

windows mobile 10 hotspot (internet sharing) working?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: windows mobile 10 hotspot (internet sharing) working?

I have not had any issues with the Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot in the last 3 builds. It was indeed fixed 3 builds ago, and the latest build, 10586.11, is stable enough that it has now been released to the Slow Ring and 10586 is also the build residing on the new Lumia 950.

glossallalia

May 17, 2013
Visit site

Neither build 10581 nor 10586 does hotspot work on my L635. It works for about 5 minutes. My laptop shows it is still connected but like I said, after about 5 minutes of browsing it loses connection. After that, I have to reboot the phone.

UniZebra

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

I've realised that for as long as my printer is not connected the mobile hotspot works fine (in 8.1 this is not a problem at all)

nblots

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

The workaround for my 928 has been to change the screen timeout to Never. As long as the screen is on, hotspot works.

skc ichigo

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site

Seem like you have figured out what is the problem. I try to test it, and the problem is like you have said.
First, I have my PC which run Windows 10 connect to my phone hotspot (Lumia 920 running Windows 10 Mobile insider), and then I lock my phone. Around 30 sec later, it was disconnected.
So then, I try to leave my phone unlock, and it seems to stay connected to the hotspot.
I have searched around on the internet, and some said that it has problem with bluetooth. But now I can say that the problem is the lock screen that prevent the hotspot to work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss