People App and Live Tiles

bevt

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
The #1 reason I moved to Windows Phone in 2012 was the Live Tiles and the People Hub. I'm afraid Windows 10 Mobile has changed so much that those things aren't there anymore.

• In People Hub I grouped people so I could quickly scan the "what's new" for the small group and see social media posts for people most important to me.
  • I pinned live tiles for the 6 people that matter most to my start screen. The tile was their picture and flipped to show me when they updated on social media.

I am buying a phone next week. Could those of you who have Windows 10 Mobile tell me how these two features have changed.

• Looking at start screens people have posted I see these awful cropped circles where they tried to pin someone to their start screen. Does the live tile for the person work the same (flipped for updates)? Can I change the circle to a real tile?
  • In the People App - Does it allow groups? Does it show social media updates in "what's new" still?

I would really appreciate some advice. If anyone has screen shots it would be helpful.

Thank You.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234